Higher Level Education Assistant
Council: Surrey County Council
Job Title: Higher Level Education Assistant
Pay Rate £14.72
Duration 6 Month Temp Contract
Location Walton Youth Centre-Surrey
To plan, prepare and deliver teaching and learning activities (guided by a teacher) with individual pupils and groups in pupil's homes and the local community and assess, record and report on pupil's progress in any setting, including work experience placements.
* Assist with the delivery of relevant schemes of work, delivery and assessment.
* Deliver a range of operational support for existing systems or processes to agreed standards, to maximise quality of teaching & learning.
* Support more senior staff in classroom management and behaviour techniques.
* May carry out personal care routines as appropriate.
Planning & Organising
* Plan and prioritise own work activities for the weeks ahead, to ensure operational efficiency. Respond effectively to changing demands, adjusting priorities as needed.
Policy and Compliance
* Assist with work in a relevant technical or regulatory area in order that statutory and policy compliance is maintained.
Work with others
* Respond to and resolve enquiries and problems, judging when to pass on complex issues or involve others, to provide an effective support and clear advice to colleagues and customers.
* Report any concerns, problems or incidents, e.g. safeguarding, behaviour in accordance with relevant reporting procedures.
* Guide and/or supervise staff in their duties to facilitate their development and ensure standards are maintained.
* Communicate and liaise with service users and/or external contacts, representing the team/service as required.
* May assist in the management of a small budget or recovery of income.
Analysis, Reporting & Documentation
* Collate data, prepare reports/statistics to meet statutory/management information requirements.
* Recommend improvements and support implementation to systems, processes and procedures, ensuring best practice is shared across the team.
* Support, coordinate and undertake research into a variety of projects in the defined area of activity to support achievement of team's objectives.
Qualification and Required Knowledge:
5 GCSE A*-C including English and Maths or alternative equivalent.
HLTA qualification or significant equivalent experience.
Understand key factors in education and health that affect children and young people's learning and progress
Ability to support learners in accessing the curriculum in accordance with the SEN code of practice and disabilities legislation
Skills and Abilities
Ability to facilitate student's development, learning and progress.
Ability to plan, prepare and deliver learning activities according to the needs of individual learners.
Devise clearly structured activities that interest and motivate learners and advance their learning.
Ability to monitor learner's responses to activities and modify the approach accordingly
Ability to establish fair, respectful, trusting, supportive and constructive relationships with learners
Ability to write clear and concise reports on pupils progress
Ability to contribute to effective personalised provision in a variety of settings to facilitate reintegration into an appropriate education placement.
Ability to prioritise case load based on the need of the learner, to ensure the most vulnerable are provided with appropriate support.
Experience in working with vulnerable and challenging students
Experience of working with individual and small groups of learner's
Knowledge in the use of ICT to support professional activities
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy