Devops Automation Engineer
Contract: Initial 12 Months
Rate €Competitive Per Day
Overview of Role
As the Devops/Automation Engineer you will be joining a team of 20 spread over The US, India and Dublin who support 21,000+ servers. Due to the volume of the servers my client rely on automation, 98% of the servers are Linux based and therefore experience with Linux, Redhat & Python are key to this role.
You will develop, test and deploy automated workflow to support provisioning of large enterprise Grid/Cloud infrastructure. You will be responsible for research and implement process or technology improvements, guidance using Agile & lean development processes, Continuous Integration / Delivery, automation and Infrastructure design patterns.
- Develop, test and deploy automated workflow in support of the IT business
- Research and implement process or technology improvements
- Provide technical guidance and expert-level consultation for complex automation workflows and deliver solutions that integrate technologies to carry out desired functions
- Delivering technical documentation for all projects completed
- Minimum of 4+ years in Python / Ansible
- Minimum of 4+ years in shell/Bash/Ksh
- Good experience in developing projects using Go lang, XML, XSLT, SOAP, RESTful, SQL
- Good experience in command line interfaces (CLI), third party APIs and integration
- Good knowledge of Linux, Windows, virtualization technologies
- Experience building CI/CD pipeline, expert level knowledge of tools like git/Jenkins
- Experience creating and maintaining complex data-driven automations and queries using SQL and noSQL databases
- Good proficiency in system, network, security and database operations, protocols and industry standard technologies
- Good experience in developing secure technologies, knowledge in ACLs and roles based entitlements
- Experience in systems analysis, modular design and creating API that support XML, JSON or other well-known interfaces
- Application development skills and experience in integrating automation within an existing back-end IT systems and databases
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.