Mon - Fri - 37.5 hours per week
Based in Richmond
Salary: £25,000 with some flexibility
Our client based in Richmond is currently recruiting for a Logistics Coordinator to join their fast and diverse team, delivering a wide range of products to an International customer base. The Logistics Coordinators process customer orders from start to end, receiving orders from the sales team, and then liaising both internally and externally with suppliers, docks, warehouses and hauliers to ensure that orders are fulfilled efficiently.
Key responsibilities of this role are;
* Ensuring that orders are processed and entered accurately onto appropriate systems.
* Ensuring that sufficient inbound stock is made available and allocated to meet outgoing orders.
* Dealing with customs paperwork and reporting when necessary.
* Negotiation and procurement of goods and services
* Organising appropriate shipping/transport to transport goods to the customer's location.
* Raising invoices in the appropriate format, passing all necessary paperwork to the Finance team in an orderly manner. * Keeping all paper and electronic records and filing up to date in "real time" at all times.
* Completing reports as required and liaising with the sales and Finance team
* Participating in physical stock checks from time to time, at locations across the UK.
* Liaising with suppliers, customers, ports, storage and transportation partners to ensure smooth operations at all times.
* Ensuring QA compliance in line with Company procedures and regulated standards.
* Using SAP and other ERP systems accurately and competently.
* 3 years min previous experience of working in commercial logistics or operations administration environments is essential.
* Strong commercial understanding and awareness.
* Must be confident in dealing with customer and supplier queries over the telephone.
* Must be able to work under pressure to ensure that deadlines are met.
* Must have good administration and organisational skills to manage workload and paperwork in an effective and controlled manner at all times
* A high level of numeracy.
* High level of computer literacy, and solid experience of using ERP systems (preferably SAP), MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this position then please apply.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.