Stock Assistant - Starting immediately (6 Month FTC)
Are you available immediately?
Do you have prior experience in a warehouse/stores environment?
Are you IT literate with excellent communication skills?
If so, look no further…
JOB TITLE: Stores Assistant - starting immediately (6 Month FTC)
LOCATION: Ilminster (Must be able to drive and have access to a vehicle)
SALARY: 18,252 PA
HOURS: Monday - Friday
Office Angels are currently recruiting for a reliable and hard-working Stores Assistant to join a well-established business in Ilminster, Somerset. The role is starting immediately and is being offered on a 6 month FTC, therefore we are seeking a candidate who can start as soon as tomorrow!
This is a busy and varied role so you must have the mind-set to follow polices and produces and really hit the ground running. Prior experience in a similar role is essential and in an engineering or manufacturing environment would certainly been an advantage however not desirable. Duties for this role will include:
- Checking of goods received against the relevant purchase order
- Maintaining accurate Stock records
- Booking in of items received by goods inwards on MRP system, whether ordered by Procurement Department or free issued to customer
- Dispensing of consumable items and bill of material items to production personnel
- Recording of issues of stock on MRP system
- Loading and unloading of goods by use of fork-lift truck (when trained)
- Filing of paperwork records
- Informing suppliers of incomplete or unacceptable deliveries for non-quality related issues (Quality, paperwork, Packaging)
- Kitting of bought out items against MRP
- Managing the Quarantine of goods in accordance with our QMS
- Monitoring equipment for safety and functionality within area and reporting any issues to Site Procurement Manager
- Booking in of finished goods
- Locating goods in required location in-line with the system
- Locating finished goods for despatch in line with picking list
- Packing finished goods in line with company process
- Liaising with despatch clerks weights and dimensions of packages for despatch
The successful candidate must have excellent communication and IT skills with the ability to work well as part of a team and independently. It's imperative that you can work in a fast paced environment against tight deadlines and meet KPI targets. Due to the nature of the role you will also need to be physical fit.
If you have the skill set and experience for the above role please apply online or contact Nicole on 01823 285440.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.