Senior / Lead IT Service Desk Analyst
Due to large scale growth my client a leading name within the medical world are currently recruiting a Senior / Lead IT Service Desk Analyst to be based within their South end On Sea Site . This role does offer some flex based working
This position provides Level 2 technical end user support for desktop and laptop computers, mobile devices, telephony, peripherals and workstation software. As a principal, this position will oversee a regional incident & request queue and manage day-to-day work assignments for other IT Support Specialists. Support includes installation, configuration and testing of computer systems, devices, and peripherals within established guidelines. This individual must exhibit a professional attitude and excellent organizational skills. Prompt and courteous customer service to employees at all levels of the company are required. Work is performed with little direct supervision and requires both initiative and judgement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* As a principal, this role is often assigned as the site leader for IT Support escalations across a region. The site leader drives IT deployments and service delivery within that region.
* This role serves as an escalation point for the Service Desk, and requires the advanced troubleshooting skills in the areas of desktop and laptop computers, mobile devices, telephony, peripherals and workstation software.
* Develops and documents solutions to escalated issues that can be performed in the future by the Service Desk team.
* Troubleshoots basic network connectivity and support for all workstation-related issues.
* Experience with Windows Server technologies, including OS troubleshooting, file and print server management, and application server management.
* Serves as the local hands for the Infrastructure team, managing network components (e.g., firewalls, switches, Wi-Fi) under their direction and standards.
* Performs operational tasks including user administration, Office 365 license assignment, workstation move requests, and preparing equipment for shipment to remote staff.
* Frequent interaction with cross-functional peers, senior business leaders, external partners and suppliers.
* Ensures all incidents and requests are registered within the ticketing system, and handled efficiently, accurately and completely.
* Responsible for timely follow up and communication to ensure all parties involved are informed and results are completed effectively.
* Some years of IT Support experience in a Windows based enterprise environment performing similar work.
* This position requires initiative, complex problem-solving skills, and the ability to work incident and problem tickets escalated from a Level 1 call center or more junior support specialists to completion.
* 3-5 years developing process automation for a Support Services team, including experience with PowerShell process automation for the Service Desk team.
* Basic familiarity with enterprise solutions for storage, virtualization, and server administration
* Basic familiarity with enterprise server technologies (Rack, Blade, Operating System, Systems Management Tools)
* Superior customer service and troubleshooting skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Manages multiple projects and make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
* Working knowledge of IT and experience supporting all of the following areas: Microsoft Windows client, Microsoft Office 365 Suite, networking, Active Directory user management, Exchange mailbox management, hardware (laptops, desktops, peripherals), workstation software, imaging and communication systems (IM, voice and video).
* Knowledge of or experience working with ServiceNow ITSM a plus.
* Ability to participate in an on call rotation for after-hours incident escalation from the Service Desk.
Spring acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.