£650 per day
Your focus will be on designing and engineering back-end systems for our products. These
products are data-driven, and we strive to collect as much data as possible on the way users
interact with our systems in order to make data-driven decisions on what features to prioritize.
You will collaborate closely with front end engineers and data scientists to deliver data-rich
applications which are easy and intuitive to use for our customers which include other software
engineering teams, product owners, and Cyber security consultants. You will also be expected
to drive integration of our products with other systems within the enterprise via APIs.
● You thrive in a collaborative and collegial team that employs Agile and Scrum practices
to deliver at pace with high visibility
● You have a product mindset, and you seek customer and stakeholder feedback on your
work and strive to use that feedback to improve the features you deliver
● You are happy to apply your skills to whatever is the most important thing for the team to
deliver next and willing to swarm on the next milestone or bug fix
● You deliver high quality and secure code with good documentation and full test coverage
● You value and seek engagement with stakeholders and customers in order to
understand the context of your work
● You are naturally curious, and always looking to learn new technologies and stay at the
leading edge of technology. You enjoy bringing new technologies and practices to the
● You are able to think about the broader context of systems you are building, and able to
make appropriate architectural decisions and recommendations to ensure suitable
scalability and performance
This role requires a range of skills, including:
● Expert level Python knowledge and expertise including modern practices such as type
● The development of backend API services using Python with frameworks such as Flask,
FastAPI/Starlette , Django, SQLAlchemy
● Developing back-end API systems against Relational
● REST API design and implementation, and standards such as JSONAPI
● Collaboration with front-end engineers for building out technical product roadmaps
● Modern DevOps practices, including familiarity with CI/CD processes, and associated
technologies such as Jenkins and Artifactory
● Linux based operating systems and shell scripting
● Working in a Cloud environment, AWS preferred
● Containerization technologies including Docker and Kubernetes
● Integration with services across an enterprise including single sign-on systems
● Agile and Scrum working practices and ceremonies
Experience in some of the following is an advantage:
● Developing Cyber security focused applications, tools and services
● Developing and contributing to open source software, and a keen desire to make your
work relevant and available to the open source community
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly. Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Python Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.