Merchandiser / Buyer Interiors Brand - great progression
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Product Merchandiser to join our disruptive and growing furniture and lifestyle brand.
If you are fiercely independent, incredibly organised and passionate about delivering result this role could be for you! We aim to full fill client orders quickly, so you need to be great at forecasting, ordering and managing stock levels to ensure we are smashing our targets and able to continue growing at the rate they have been (from afar, their warehouse is in the north of England).
You want to be part of a brands growth this is a non-negotiable, you have to want to drive the company forward and this role has to be so exciting to you.
JOB TITLE: Merchandiser / Procurement Manager
JOB TYPE: Permanent
SALARY: £34,000-£38,000 depending on experience
COMPANY TYPE: Lifestyle Homeware / Soft Furnishings Supplier
HOURS: 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday, flexi hours potentially available when back in the office and one day a week form home if you would like
LOCATION: Waltham Cross (local ideally based in Hoddesdon, Harlow, Waltham Abbey, Cheshunt, Ware, Hertford, Broxbourne or Nazeing Area)
CULTURE: Friendly, fun, upbeat, we work hard and then let our hair down at our office prosecco bar (yes, really!)
WOW FACTOR: In their words: 'Our brand is fresh and innovative, we are absolutely passionate about our people and working together. Our office is fun, upbeat and an enjoyable place to work. Because of this, our staff retention is very high; at present we really need a brilliant merchandiser who wants to make an impact, ideal who's best friend is Excel.'
WHAT DO YOU ADD TO THE COMPANY:
- Buying and planning stock, developing merchandising strategies and trend forecasting
- Improving processes, forecasting, ordering stock, This is a CRUCIAL role in expanding our company and we expect this position to grow a lot in the future.
- You will be part of the senior management team
- Sole ownership of ordering stock and forecasting, we are a growing company who regularly hit over £1million worth of months sales, out work can be seasonal, the dream candidates can ride that wave and predict and order effectively
- You will be using Excel and spreadsheets A LOT (if spreadsheets are your best friend, apply now!) you monitor sales
- Involved in developing an in-house forecasting system
- Reporting back to management any patterns or findings then suggesting, implementing and improving processes/stock
- Forecasting stock levels
- Maintaining stock levels
- Responsible for ordering >£2m of stock per month
- Planning budgets and presenting sales forecasts and figures for new ranges
- Responsible for stock levels maximising profit and minimising slow-selling stock
- Finding buying trends and liaising with buying team
- Analysing sales data and regular reporting
- Raising any issues with suppliers and negotiation to resolve issues
- Analysing sales figures, customers reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs.
- Collaborating with buyers, suppliers, distributors and analysts to negotiate prices, quantities and time-scales
- Monitoring stock levels and products, what is selling well, what do we need more of etc
- You are meticulously organised
- You've never met anyone better on Excel than you
- You are hella ambitious
- You are a fantastic communicator with suppliers and colleagues
- Spreadsheets are your best friend, and nobody can separate you
- Experience in merchandising and buying, ideally in an SME selling big products but we are open
- Experience in E-commerce or furniture industry advantageous
- You love working alone and like to trend forecast
- You want to be part of a brands growth this is a non-negotiable, you have to want to drive the company forward and this role has to be so exciting to you.
Please note that this job profile is not an exhaustive list of duties but merely an outline of the key components of the role. You may be required by your line manager to take on additional responsibilities when requested.
N: If this company and position appeals to you then please apply your CV on-line. Advertised by Office Angels, Holborn branch. Please note that due to a high volume of response Office Angels receive; only successful candidates will be contacted For the purposes of the Regulations, please note that Office Angels in the provision of these services will be operating as a recruitment agency. Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Merchandiser / Buyer Interiors Brand - great progression
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.