Our client is a prominent, family-run company that develop, prepare and pack a wide range of quality prepared vegetable and stir fry products. With consistently high levels of produce and service our client is now looking for several Machine Operatives to join their Operations team.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Health and safety of self, colleagues and visitors
- 100% compliance to processes and procedures. Some examples are metal detection/check weigh compliance and checks, Critical Control Points (CCP) full compliance, adequate and timely change overs/wash downs.
- Expectation will be to identify root cause of issues i.e. defective packs and make the relevant corrective actions.
- Excellent service delivery is achieved
- Ensure customer quality compliance with `right first time` attitude
- Machine efficiency and resource control i.e. minimise downtime and defective packs, run speeds are adhered to and sustained.
- Self- learning
- To train others if required
- Relevant documentation completion
Production / Operations
- Manage material throughput to facilitate delivery of customer orders, as per the production schedule
- Adhere to manufacturing specifications at all times
- Support operational change to improve shift effectiveness and efficiency's
- Effectively manage own workload and that of area of responsibility
- Adhere to technical and quality procedures at all times
- Ensure all documentation is complete, accurate and legible
- Comply with machine operating standards to meet customer orders
Quality, Service and Procedures
- Make sure all permanent and temporary colleagues including visitors follow the Company Technical standards
- Ensure 100% customer service - right first time every time
- Work proactively to problem solve
- Ensure all policies and procedures are fully adhered to at all times (e.g. GMP, Manufacturing specs, etc.)
- Complete pre-start up line checks, as required, and ensure corrective actions are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure all colleagues in area follow relevant SOPs/SMUGs/Procedures
Health, Safety and Environmental
- To maintain Health & Safety around your area
- Ensure all permanent and temporary colleagues including visitors comply with the Company Health and Safety policy
- Ensures all permanent and temporary colleagues including visitors do not carry out activities that could negatively impact the Environment
- To remain on site at all times (unless expressly authorised by the Shift Leader or Area Leader)
- Comply with all people policies
- Work proactively as a team member
- To act as an ambassador for the business
- Demonstrate behaviour that fits the company core values
- Effective communication with all colleagues
- Effectively communicate with other teams on the shift to maximise efficiency and productivity
- Effective communication with the engineering department to ensure issues identified are immediately and accurately reported, in order that they can be resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure your Area Leader is informed in a timely manner of any operational concerns
Due to the role being in a food factory, the environment is cold and wet.
Hours: 38.5 hours per week across 4 days (shift pattern is 4 days on/4 days off). 10:30am to 10pm.
Pay: £10.37 per hour
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Machine Operator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.