We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master to join our Foundational Cloud Engineering group based in Sandyford in Dublin. This role will report to the EMEA Head of Cloud Foundational Engineering and is critical to our Cloud strategy. The initial focus of this role will be on working with an existing team to Integrate IBM Cloud as a CSP to the Bank. The successful candidate will provide scrum / Agile mentorship to the wider team and lead scrums and scrum of scrums, working with US teams as required. Will own sprint reviews / capacity planning / quarterly planning / retros and other ceremonies. Agile Scrum Master with 5+ years experience. Presentation and Communication skills are critical.
Scrum Master ideally from a Banking / Financial Services background is required to support on an large programme of work.
The role of Scum Master is to run Scrums and prove themselves an advocate of agile processes. The Scrum Master will also work closely with our Project Managers and may actively manage small projects themselves. The Scrum Master may oversee one or many Scrums and Product teams at any one time. The size of scrums and projects assigned to the Scrum Master will be determined by a number of factors, including number of years' experience in the role.
In this business and technology facing role, you should be resourceful, energetic, and ready to hit the ground running. You'll need to work well in a team, but also be self-sufficient. You should be ready to share ideas and fresh perspectives.
* Scrum Masters are responsible for running the Scrums for the Product teams, utilising agile best practices.
* Scrum Masters will drive (Servant/Leader) Product teams that are both technology and business related, using appropriate standards and processes.
* Manage other, both technology and business related, projects and work items as directed by management.
* Provide consultancy to projects and business departments in matters relating to Agile best practice, process, procedures and task management of the Product tasks and resources (where appropriate).
* Actively communicate with other Scrum Masters and Project Managers in the company to help develop project processes and procedures, and participate in appropriate forums to help address this responsibility.
* Help develop staff to improve their knowledge, capabilities, through direct communication as well as participation in training efforts, course specification, training delivery and so on.
* Provide regular reporting to Product stakeholders and management.
* Task management of staff allocated to products and initiatives.
* Travelling as required to other sites from time to time, as demands dictate.
Job Specific Competencies
People (team-working/collaboration skills)
* Fantastic communicator, collaborator and influencer keen to work closely with a wide variety of teams, both technical and business
* To be able to build strong relationships with key stakeholders to enable you to manage expectations and the ability to navigate conflicting stakeholder priorities
* Confident engaging with senior management
* The ability to work well within a business focused delivery team
Self (integrity and the ability to reflect confidence)
* Exceptional Scrum Master skills with relevant, demonstrable experience of delivery via scrum and agile
* Experience of managing scrums in the investment management industry is beneficial
* Assimilate, translate and communicate elements of the delivery in a clear and concise manner
* Exceptional problem solving skills and intellectual curiosity
* Self-directed, adaptable, flexible and professional
Results (the ability to be proactive and take action)
* Be hands-on, enthusiastic to dive in at the deep end and help our teams to deliver the stakeholders dreams within the strategic vision
* Work with the business and technology teams throughout the delivery life cycle, attending and chairing stand-ups and other meetings
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly. Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Scrum Master
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.