Site Facilities Engineer (Electrically Biased)
We are currently recruiting for a permanent site facilities engineer, that is electrically biased, to work at a clients head office function, the hours are 38hrs per week and you will be working on a rotating shift basis of 6am - 2pm and 2pm - 10pm.
The Facilities Engineer is responsible for providing technical expertise, compliance that will be upheld through planned maintenance, reactive work orders, contractor supervision and project management. A thorough understanding of mechanical, electrical, power & distribution, controls, and building assets/components is required to provide maximum asset uptime.
* Support the day-to-day running of the department in terms of work load while ensuring safe working practices are adhered to
* Completion of works to meet current regulations to ensure compliance is maintained and audits passed
* Good communication skills to liaise with both internal/external customers and contractors
* Assist with any infrastructure upgrades along with modifications/repairs to business assets
* Ability to work independently on projects and work assignments
* Easily adjusts to changes in priorities and flexible to respond to varying works/projects
* Works well in cross-functional teams and work groups to identify and resolve problems by proposing unique and innovative solutions
* Keeps Manager informed of progress on assignments, projects and repairs
* Responsibility for promoting a positive H&S culture within the business
* Resolving any customer complaints and responding to any emergencies as they arise
* Able to create, develop and sustain departmental documentation
The Ideal Person:
* A recognised apprenticeship, qualification or experience in an engineering or facilities discipline
* 2391 Inspection & Testing
* Qualified to IEE wiring regulations 18th Edition (Preferable)
* HND/HNC qualification in an engineering discipline (Preferable)
* GCSE/O level qualifications in English and Maths
* Facilities or Engineering background
* Ability to self-manage and priorities workload
* Capable of reading, following and understand electrical drawings
* Capable of reading, following and understand mechanical drawings
* Fault finding within a "Live" environment
* Good communication skills
* Organised and able to carry out administration tasks
Please contact Mathew Maddison or Hina Patel at Adecco on 0116 2530516
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Site Facilities Engineer (Electrically Biased)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.