Case Owner - 12 month temporary contract.
The principal responsibility of the role is to support the delivery of an effective Criminal Justice system by ensuring prosecution files are complete; by inputting and maintaining police data systems (paper and electronic), and liaising with other agencies to secure the delivery of the crime file to the Crown Prosecution Service and interested parties to the required standard and timescale.
In particular to: -
- Complete an administrative check on the contents of the case file received from the Officer in Charge, ensuring completeness to Force policy and CPS requirements.
- Request and gather information from a variety of sources, including partner agencies and other external agencies, so as to ensure the completeness of the case file.
- Ensure high quality prosecution files by correctly inputting, maintaining and, where appropriate, monitoring data on the police database in a timely manner and having regard to Force policy and legislative requirements and further, ensuring such information is correctly relayed to partner agencies and their database systems.
- Prioritise and manage a workload, ensuring that timelines are followed for each case, allowing time for other agencies such as CPS, sufficient time to deal with their responsibilities.
- Effectively communicate either by telephone or electronic means all tasks/information allocated to or received from the OIC or police personnel, CPS and other agencies and provide advice/guidance when required.
- Support colleagues, especially new staff, by providing instruction, guidance and advice where necessary.
If you have relevant experience and think this sounds like the challenge for you, please get in touch!
The successful applicant will be subject to stringent vetting and referencing procedures prior to commencing work.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Case Owner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.