Learning & Development Manager - W.London
Learning and Development Manager
Based in West London
Salary: £42,000 - £45,000 p.a.
Monday to Friday 9.00am til 5.30pm
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Learning & Development Manager on behalf of my client based at their Head Office and Training Centre in West London. Reporting directly into the Head of HR/ Senior Management, the principle objective of the Learning and Development Manager is to lead the design, delivery and ongoing management of learning programmes, based on a solid understanding of learning needs at an individual, departmental and organisational level whilst especially being able to implement such training in a new digital learning world.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create a culture of continuous development and also monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of existing L&D programs.
- Lead on L&D strategy development and implementation, from learning needs analysis, planning, managing budgets, risks and resources.
- Utilise available resources to organise, develop, and prioritise learning plans that align with organisational strategic priorities.
- Responsible for designing and implementing key learning and development programs at all levels across the organisation, primarily focused at our store staff.
- Use digital tools to create flexible and innovative learning programmes.
- Pilot the development of management training programs for the Store Managers, Regional Managers and Heads of Departments.
- Responsible for managing the overall performance of new and ongoing development initiatives and training programs.
- Produce monthly and quarterly management information; conduct analysis and create insights to support the organisation in measuring progress and impacts of L&D activities and evolving learning needs.
- Responsible for the training budget and ensure the costs of planned programmes are within budgets.
- Design and administer skills gap assessments with employees to create individualised training plans needed to strengthen their existing skills or learn new ones.
- Develop and organise training manuals.
- Liaise with external training providers to design bespoke workshops as appropriate.
- Responsible for the management of Training Team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree level or postgraduate qualifications are desirable, particularly in a relevant field.
- A CIPD qualification is preferred, either Level 3 Foundation Certificate or Diploma in L&D (Level 3 QCF) or a Level 5 Intermediate Certificate or Diploma in L&D (Level 5 QCF).
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in senior L&D role preferably within the retail sector.
- Proven track record in designing and executing successful training programs.
- Strong experience in traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations etc.)
- Demonstrable excellent results in the list of duties and listed skills above.
- Must be highly proficient in IT skills - MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the current trends in learning and development sector.
Skills and competencies required for this role are:
- Confidence, effective communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
- An excellent people person who is able to coach, develop and motivate to deliver excellent results.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and writing and record keeping ability for reports and training manuals.
- A high level of energy and personal drive for the attainment of business goals.
- Honesty and discretion, for dealing with sensitive business information.
Please note that only successfully shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Learning & Development Manager - W.London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.