Scientist - Remote Working
Technical Operations Scientist
Job Location: Remote Working
Salary: £20.22 per hour
Duration: 6 months, potential for extension
We are recruiting for the position of Technical Operations Scientist. The role is suitable for home working and supports the technical operations within our well-established and modern manufacturing and distribution facility based at Llanberis, Wales. The facility, based in the Snowdonia National Park, manufactures and distributes reagents used in hospitals worldwide to aid the diagnosis of medical conditions.
As a Technical Operations Scientist you will be involved in the effective resolution of product performance issues, product development and improvement activities. You will focus on obtaining, collating, and analysing technical information to accomplish complex tasks and project managing technical investigations for the site.
· Design, direct, organise and implement actions required to resolve allocated product troubleshooting and improvements.
· Design analytical experiments to run, either internally or in collaboration with key stakeholders, with the aim of identifying the root cause of product performance issues and optimisation of processes.
· Review, assess and, where required, perform suitable statistical analysis, on data generated as a consequence of, or in relation to, a technical investigation.
· Interpret, summarise and present results to the required standard.
· Awareness of priorities and deadlines, and to ensure work assignment and organisation to maximise efficiency according to these priorities.
· Write and circulate technical reports for all assigned investigations. Also generate reports and participate in meetings to support the relevant processes.
· Involvement in risk assessment activities as required.
· To communicate effectively with all levels of staff within and outside of the department in a timely manner in regards investigation status.
· Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude toward workplace, co-workers and company policies and procedures.
· To comply with all company Health and Safety policies and procedures. To highlight any real or potential Health and Safety issues to management in a timely manner and assist in actioning their decisions.
· To comply at all times with the relevant Quality and Environmental Standards.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
· A scientific degree.
· A proven scientific background ideally gained in a laboratory or R&D environment.
· Strong trouble shooting and analytical skills.
· Adept at running good scientific investigations.
· Experience of designing experiments.
· Knowledge of immunoassay data - desirable.
· Experience of working in a regulated industry - desirable.
· GMP experience - desirable.
The successful candidates will be adept at report writing and confident presenting findings to internal and external parties, at all levels, as well as to non-technical stakeholders. You will be organised, ideally with some project management /coordination experience and have excellent communications skills.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Scientist - Remote Working
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.