38 hours per week
Circa £40k DOE with additional car allowance
Office Angels are recruiting for a Procurement Manager for our client based in Warrington. Within this role you will be managing a team of analysts ensuring orders are placed in line with costs and most effective route of supply.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Manage daily and weekly Supply and availability processes within the team to ensure appropriate actions are being taken and the information flow is optimum to enable shared service teams to provide accurate service and communication to customers
- Assure a high level of availability of the companies most profitable and important products maintaining an always in stock position and addressing stock outs and low on hand inventory
- Deliver risk management strategies to mitigate the impact of changing factors affecting supply providing guidance, direction and advice into the planning team and other key stakeholders
- Coordinate the achievement and maintenance of specified inventory targets using specific optimisation tools whilst ensuring service levels to customers are met and not compromised
- Enable innovation of services and products to deliver competitive advantage and cost reduction opportunities through automation and or efficiencies of current processes
- Develop, create, agile and value focused sourcing strategies and identify new sources of supply globally
- Accurately report savings, service level metrics and KPI's to senior stakeholders and business partners in S&OP meetings
- Prevent reoccurrence of supply issues by developing a culture of continuous improvement and root cause analysis
- Support the development of Service Level Agreements and service obligations for supplier contracts to ensure appropriate levels and standards are met and managed within the business
- Oversee the company transition from its current ERP to Oracle Value Chain Planning in conjunction with companies centre of Excellence team and other business partners
What do you need to succeed:
- Minimum 3 years' experience within an inventory management or Procurement function
- Established credentials of working with high SKU counts, multiple suppliers and customers across many countries
- Previous experience of ERP systems such as Oracle, JDA, SAP
- Proven track record of supplier facing engagement with a strong emphasis of relationship building and negotiation along with a customer centric attitude towards being easy to do business with
- Good Microsoft Excel, Access, Power BI and data manipulation skills with the demonstrated ability to process into tangible outputs, recommendations and actions
- Sound commercial and business acumen with a keen eye on internal and external global market factors and trends
- Experience working within a distribution environment is desirable
- Supply chain qualifications or working towards is also desirable
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for any questions, call the office on 01925 576 787.
By registering with Office Angels you will benefit from the support of a dedicated and experienced recruitment consultant, have access to various interviewing techniques, regular updates of the local employment market and consistent feedback on all interviews. This service is offered right through to the day you start your new role and beyond
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Procurement Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.