Job title: Benefits Specialist
Duration: 12 months initially
As our client continues to support the wellbeing of its employees, they are focused on ensuring that they implement measures that keep employees safe both in an outside of the office. They are seeking an experienced benefits professional to support the management and delivery of benefits plans as well as support ongoing UK/ IRE and EMEA Benefits Plan management across the region.
· To support the operational delivery and implementation of bank policies and programs developed as a result of the COVID 19 Pandemic.
· Management and oversight of temperature checking, COVID 19 testing as well as working with our Life Events team to support employees who may have contracted COVID 19.
· Working with our medical providers and insurers as well as occupational health service providers. In addition, they will work with Health and Safety within the bank to support the delivery of Ergonomic support services to employees.
· Given the integration with the bank's benefit plans it is essential that the candidate has a good understanding of healthcare, insurances, and wellbeing services as well as occupational health services. Additionally, they will have an excellent understanding of flexible benefits.
· Design and governance of benefits plans and programs; must have experience of implementing new benefit plans and programs.
· Plan experience should include healthcare insurance and trusts, life, disability insurances and other medical benefits. Should have an excellent understanding of flexible benefits as well as the not core benefits offerings such as retail vouchers, childcare benefits wellness programs. A good understanding of UK and Ireland Pensions, however, a pensions qualification is not necessary.
· An excellent understanding of the tax implications of UK benefits and the impact of design.
· Experience and understanding of on-site medical services including medical plans, occupational health and ergonomic services.
· Excellent understanding of vendor management and working with third party contractors to ensure services are delivered in line with the expected agreed agreements.
· Good understanding of the benefits market, broker relationships and insurers as well as typical providers
· Technical understanding of insurance, contracts, and renewal negotiations.
· Must be methodical and organised with good project management skills.
· Must be experienced in working to a governance framework and developing the existing framework in line with changes in plans and policies.
· Must have excellent analytical skills and an advanced Excel user; must be able to review policies and legislation and distil into clear actions and issued.
· Excellent Communication skills; must be able to prepare summary documents (in Word and PowerPoint) for stakeholder review.
· Great team-working skills; is keen to partner across HR both in the UK and the US.
· Self-sufficient and able to move projects forward without immediate supervision but knows when to escalate issues.
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Benefits Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.