JOB TITLE: Project Officer
HOURS: Monday- Friday, 8.45am- 5pm
DURATION: 6-12 months
PAY RATE: £18/£19 Hourly Rate (PAYE)
START DATE: ASAP
We are currently recruiting for a highly motivated Project Officer to implement and monitor key waste reduction and waste minimisation projects from our Reduction and Recycling plan.
PROJECT OFFICER'S MAIN DUTIES:
- To work with the Head of Waste and Recycling to deliver the reduction and recycling plan targets that contribute to the London Environment Strategy and to deliver the Councils aims to reduce waste arisings and maximise recycling
- To project manage the flats recycle refresh programme which includes all flats, flats above shops and the expansion of On Street recycling bins.
- To work as part of multi-disciplinary teams, pro-actively finding solutions to improve the quality and quantity of recycling from flats and to find affordable ways of tackling local problems that meet the needs of our community and are accessible to all.
- To raise performance and productivity by contributing to a culture of continuous improvement and efficiency
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Experience working within the public sector
- Experience in project management and knowledge of waste and recycling
- A good level of reasoning, analysis and decision-making skills.
- Ability to interpret data to determine appropriate approaches
- A high level of skill in written communication, able to undertake investigations, prepare reports and other information clearly to members of the public, managing agents, selected members and senior officers.
- A valid UK driving license
Please note that this role will involve a mixture of working from home and working out on site.
*Please apply online with your CV. Please note that only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted*
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Project Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.