3 months - on going
35 hour per week - 9am till 5pm - adjustable hours 8-4, 10-6
The company have been designing market leading insurance schemes for nearly 40 years. Once a small company processing policies by hand, today it insures schemes across more than 30 countries worldwide for some of the biggest brands in the world. The company has partnerships with Motor Manufacture's, Insurance Brokers and Motor Dealerships to sell and administer Warranty and associated products on behalf of Insurers.
Working within the Underwriting Team on company templates, you will draft and review NDAs, policy wordings, client contracts, reinsurance schedules and various other agreements on behalf of the company. You will provide support for the Underwriting Team and wider company on legal matters and act as the liaison with company legal teams and external lawyers.
Day to day tasks:
- Responsibility for drafting, reviewing and updating company contracts, policy wordings and documents.
- To understand, review and make recommendations of change in order to improve and develop our products and documentation.
- Resolve contract-wording queries from Clients, Insurers and assist with the negotiations of contract wordings with these parties.
- To evaluate complex clauses in various contracts including but not limited to reinsurance, pecuniary loss, customer insurance, distribution and supplier agreements.
- Ensure consistency of policy wordings and contracts throughout the company.
- Any other duties that the company may reasonably require, included but not limited to input into new and existing product development from a legal viewpoint.
- Ensure consistency of all insurance documentation.
- The review of and commentary on existing and proposed contract wordings.
- Provide advice to the Underwriting Team on contract and insurance product related matters.
- Monitor and priorities own work.
- To be able to work on own initiative and with minimal supervision.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with key contacts.
- Liaising with business legal teams and external lawyers.
- Good understanding of insurance products and insurance contract law. (extended warranties)
- Excellent drafting skills and attention to detail.
- Familiar with the principles of insurance regulation
- In-depth understanding of insurance wordings; standard clauses of specialist insurances; supplier and distributor agreements.
- Excellent language skills
- A second European language - Spanish,
- A Law degree or relevant experience
TO APPLY - Please apply with a up to date CV.
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 72 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer
If you wish to register with us for future opportunities in your area, then please follow the link below.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Contract Paralegal
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.