Adecco Cramlington are delighted to support our client in a search for a Finance Officer to join their business on a temporary Matt cover basis.
Our client is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, flexible, highly motivated and experienced Finance Officer to join our Finance and Commercial Team.
As the Finance Officer you will be responsible for carrying out a broad range of tasks to ensure the buisness' financial operations are effective, efficient and accurate. Due to the ongoing COVID19 pandemic and in accordance with government guidelines, flexible home working arrangements will be made available.
- Maintain a complete and up to date understanding of Museums Northumberland finance, including external funding.
- Process financial transactions, reconcile bank statements and maintain accurate records using Sage 50 accounts, complying with the Trust's own internal financial procedures.
- Ensure that finances and Museums Northumberland bank accounts are properly administered and monitored, including credit and debit control and issuing creditor payments.
- Ensure that statutory and non-statutory requirements, reporting, obligations and deadlines are met.
- Maintain an awareness of organisation developments and financial procedures, identify opportunities to improve procedures and systems consistent with the aims of the organisation.
- Support the CEO and Assistant Director in Museums Northumberland administration and record keeping for operational activities, projects and maintenance, delegating where and when appropriate to the Administration Assistant.
- Work closely and in confidence with the CEO, Assistant Director and Finance and Commercial Manager.
- Maintain a high level of customer service when liaising with staff, customers, stakeholders, funders and external partners.
- Line management responsibility for Administration Assistant.
- Provide holiday cover for Administration Assistant (banking, supplier/invoice administration and raising purchase orders).
- To undertake other duties as consistent with level, nature and grade of the post.
- To take reasonable care for your own health and safety at work, and for any others in the workplace who may be affected by your actions.
- Minimum of 3 years' recent experience working in a financial and administrative office environment.
- Minimum of 3 years' recent experience using Sage 50 Accounts.
- Processing multiple transactions.
- Creating and managing Excel spread sheets to undertake a range of clerical and administrative duties, including daily data input and retrieval.
- Working to weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reporting deadlines.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Budget monitoring, financial control and reconciliation activities.
- Cash handling and banking procedures.
- Cash flow forecasting.
- Completing statutory reporting and compliance requests relating to finance and external governing bodies.
- Confident use of Office 365 Suite; Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and provide answers to requests for information and data.
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data.
- Manage and prioritise workload and able to work to multiple deadlines.
- High level numerical skills.
- Highly organised.
- Solutions focused.
- Strong communicator.
- Sound financial practice, procedures and systems
- Using multiple company, department, nominal code and fund functions on Sage 50 Accounts
- Administering and monitoring company bank accounts
If you feel you fit the above description please submit your application. Or email your CV
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Finance Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.