Senior Java Developer
***Senior Java Developer - Contract - London***
Senior Java Developer
6 Month Rolling Contract
£500-£700ped Umbrella Company
Tech Stack: Java8, Spring Boot, Microservices, APi, Kafka, Kubernetes
We currently have a Senior and non Senior Java developer contract opportunity based in London.
Our client is a blue chip FMCG and retail brand that serve millions of customers every week from all over the globe. With over 6,000 stores internationally my client are a well known household name that offer a number of exciting opportunities.
You will join the Store Value team which looks after capabilities in rewards so Coupons, Clubcard points etc.
You will be expected to understand frameworks and enough of tool ecosystem of chosen language to implement end to end component with minimal assistance as well as:
- Comfortable producing and refactoring code without assistance
- Able to test drive features in programming language of choice
- Understands different major language paradigms (OOP)
- Understands presence of abstraction beneath language (JVM/CLR)
- Can reason about complexity of algorithms (time and space) and code (cyclomatic)
- Can debug code
- Can understand and resolve complex issues
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Advanced skills in Java (8+) / Spring / Spring Boot.
- Experience of Java Microservices in a production application with Spring Cloud, Spring Boot
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Working experience in RESTful APIs
- Microservices - capacity management and planning in a multi-node production estate
Other Development Skills Required:
- Containers Management -using tools like Docker, Rocket and Drawbridge
- Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment - using tools like Maven and Jenkins
- Collaboration - using tools like Git-Hub and JIRA
- Github knowledge
- Experience with Agile methodologies (TDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc)
TO APPLY - PLEASE REPLY TO THIS EMAIL WITH AN UP TO DATE CV
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Senior Java Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.