PA and Office Manager - High End Book Store
JOB ROLE: PA and Office Manager - High End Book Store
JOB TYPE: MAT Cover (14 Months)
HOURS: Mon - Fri, 10:00am-18:00pm
COMPANY TYPE: High End Bookstore
BENEFITS: 7% employer pension contribution / 3% employee contribution, 21 days' paid leave pro rata + Bank Holidays, Health and Wellbeing Programme
START DATE: ASAP
My client is a high-end antiquarian bookseller with a global presence. As one of the leading rare book firms in the world, each year they exhibit at 11 major international exhibitions, as well as three high-profile UK exhibitions, with an international clientele. They publish around 12 print catalogues each year and produce weekly and monthly digital communications.
The purpose of this role is primarily to undertake the key administrative and estates functions of the organisation including management of ICT, business travel, office schedules and office management. Some aspects of the role will be supported by other appropriate staff members such as the shop managers, finance team and marketing team.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Organisation of travel itineraries‚ including bookings flights, hotels, hire cars and travel permits, both nationally and internationally
- Organisation of book fair and exhibition arrangements including event bookings, extras, shipment of stock and mobile data/ICT
- Responsibility for on-site IT support and maintenance contract, liaising with and working alongside our external IT support contractor and hardware/software suppliers to ensure systems are fully functional, properly maintained and all our IT requirements are met
- Management of all aspects of mobile phone and landline contracts
- Responsible for co-ordinating and publishing the six-day work rota, including adequate senior staff shop presence and equitable distribution of days off and managing annual leave
- Procurement and management of contracts for goods and services utilised by the business, including, but not limited to: building projects, repairs and maintenance, office supplies, cleaning, security.
- Management of company credit card accounts including cardholder membership, maintenance and rewards/benefits
- Arrangement and renewals of insurances and permits, telephones and subscriptions
- Coordinate Health and safety arrangements and undertake risk assessments
- Review, update and distribution of the staff handbook and induction of new staff
- arrangement of staff Christmas/summer parties
- Managing the office and premises on an ad-hoc basis - organising furniture, stationery and equipment procurement, arrangement of repairs and removals
- Arranging meetings within the office and externally including planning and circulating agendas, arranging refreshments, taking and distributing minutes
- Personal Assistant to the business owner
- Assigning work to others as and when required
- General office management
- Proactive support on day to day duties
- Running business errands
- Any other task as may be reasonably required
The successful candidate will have demonstrable proficiency and experience in the required duties gained through administrative or PA experience. You will have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills; be extremely well organised with good time management skills; be able to balance a dynamic workload through prioritisation‚ flexibility and a positive attitude; able to perform clerical‚ administrative and general office duties of a responsible and confidential nature‚ often to deadlines; maintain highly confidential information and files; effectively organize and expedite the flow of work.
You will have developed ICT skills and have a good knowledge of IT packages including Word‚ Excel and Outlook and strong skills using the internet for research. You will also be able to demonstrate an awareness of confidentiality of issues/information and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organisation. The ideal candidate will also show initiative, be able to quickly learn new skills and be able to maintain a cheerful temperament when under pressure.
NB: If this company and position appeals to you then please apply your CV on-line.
Advertised by Office Angels London Bridge branch. Please note that due to a high volume of response Office Angels receive; only successful candidates will be contacted For the purposes of the Regulations, please note that Office Angels in the provision of these services will be operating as a recruitment agency. Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for PA and Office Manager - High End Book Store
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.