Job Description: Mid-Level Data Engineer
(£40,000 - £60,000 depending on experience, discretionary bonus plus enhanced benefits - including unlimited paid annual leave & more )
We are looking for an outstanding Data Engineer to join our growing analytics and data science team. You will have the opportunity to work with blue-chip clients on cutting-edge data science and innovative data driven marketing solutions. Our clients are embarking on game-changing digital and data transformation projects that will fundamentally change how they operate. You will be in a pivotal position to help our clients and Profusion undertake these cutting-edge projects that have industry-wide impact. The ideal candidate is a Data Engineer with strong SQL and Python skills and previous experience working with APIs as well as designing and maintaining ETL pipelines that gather and transform data from different sources. You will have good potential for personal and career development, learn from and share knowledge with a range of talented, highly skilled and internationally diverse team of colleagues. All of this while embarking on an exciting journey with a pioneering, fast-growing company situated at the heart of London's Tech City.
This is a team-based role, where the project work is varied and shared amongst other engineers so you will not just be focused on one part of the process, so being able to see the big picture and work collaboratively is critical. The role will have a 70% focus on client projects and 30% internal projects.
- Working with a team of analysts, data scientists and data engineers amongst other stakeholders to identify and implement best solutions for the analytical needs of a project
- Contributing to architectural designs, engaging in technical discussions and presenting solutions to product challenges
- Work with our technical partners and suppliers to ensure their technology is implemented for our internal requirements and for our client projectWork with our internal operations team to ensure a robust business intelligence architecture is in place across all sections of the business
- Heavily involved in the building and development of the architecture and engineering process of projects including building API's as well as other scripts to set up and automate engineering pipelines and solutions
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture, assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for team members that assist them in building and optimising our products and services into an innovative industry leader.
- Complement the commercial and sales teams, supporting client meetings, pitches and add value to client proposals and new business strategy
- Experience and Skills
- Typically, we would expect candidates to have a background in Software Engineering, Informatics, Information Systems, Computer Science or relevant industry experience. We care more about whether you actually have the skills we need than whether you have a degree.
- Advanced SQL knowledge as well as familiarity with different SQL dialects (PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL)
- Experience working with relational databases and using API's to ingest data
- Advanced Python programming Desireable
- Experience working with Apache Airflow or similar data pipeline automation tools
- Understanding of Agile methodologies, Big data technologies such as Hadoop, cloud computing, especially AWS (S3, Lambda, API Gateway, Redshift, micro-services and serverless architecture, IAM authentication and policy management) is considered a plus
- Understanding of network infrastructure and strong aptitude for using Linux. Understanding of DevOps principles and methodologies
- Experience with at least one business intelligence tool is considered a plus - we use Sisense but Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik experience is great too! Additional programming language knowledge such as R, Bash and JS is considered a plus Personal skills and competencies
- Strong problem-solving skills, willingness to take ownership and risks, and enthusiasm in the face of technical challenges
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to support client meetings
- Client focused, with the ability to interpret and understand client needs and deliver results
How to apply
Please email your CV with a cover letter outlining why you would be ideal for the role to: (Closing date for applications is 07.02.21)
Please note that because of the high number of applications we typically receive, it is not possible to answer everyone in person, successful candidates will hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Data Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.