The overall estates team is small and while highly skilled, requires blending with a small group of pre-qualified trades and contractors.
An extensive compliance matrix is maintained to inform planned maintenance and allow work planning of the team and contractors. Alongside this there will be a range of unplanned maintenance and reactive work.
- Day today management of the full site
- Reaction to immediate maintenance issues, including fire alarms, building issues, compliance etc
- Day to day staff management within the regulations, including task lists, completion records, work lists, lone worker etc.
- Maintenance of a safe site for all staff, particularly fire alarm systems, emergency lighting etc.
- Overall site compliance with relevant legislation
- Working with the Director of Operations and Finance to create a medium-term site maintenance plan and input on site improvement plans with specifics advice relating to building regulations, planning compliance, costing etc.
- Maintenance and upkeep of the Asbestos register and Asbestos Management Plan
- Maintenance and upkeep of the fire alarm and emergency lighting systems
- Maintenance and upkeep of all other compliance records including gas safe, electrical safety, legionella etc.
- Issue and management of site works permits, including hot permits, working at height etc.
- Maintenance of site drawings, as-installed drawings etc.
- Where necessary, ensuring building regulations approval and other relevant approvals are obtained as part of regular work
- The role may be extended to include management of cleaning, including external contractors.
- Experience in a similar role is essential
- Experience of managing a small, committed team of maintenance and grounds staff
- Experience of directing and managing contractors, including work permits, compliance, and service level agreements
- Experience of preventative and reactive maintenance regimes
- Up to date knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations
- Ideally qualified to IOSH or NEBOSH level
- Live within a 30-minute drive of the site to enable rapid reaction if required
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Facilities Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.