Are you looking for a great opportunity?
Do you have previous experience in Cable Assembling?
Are you available straight away?
Position: Cable Assembler (Permanent position)
Pay rate: £11 per hour with holidays & pension
Location: Hitchin, Hertfordshire
About the company: Our client is a well-established family run business. Due to growth in their business they are looking for an experienced Cable Assembler to join their growing team with the opportunity to be part of a small team assembling cable harnesses and box builds.
About the person: The successful candidate will need to demonstrate high level of dexterity for this type of work, as well as ability to read instructions represented in drawings, schematics etc. following them with precision is extremely important. You will to be involved with a range of cables, PCB's and sub-assemblies.
- Assembly of Cables, PCB's and Sub-assemblies.
- Read and comprehend instructions/schematics
- Follow established procedures
- Point to point and semi-automated testing
- Check all material and equipment needed to begin the process
- Take measurements to ensure perfect fit of components
- Align material and put together parts to build more complex units
- Check output to ensure highest quality
- Report on issues, malfunction, or defective parts
- Experience of working within the electronics industry
- Ability to work to IPC/WHMA-A-620 Requirements & Acceptance for Cable & Wire:
- Wire Stripping
- Ability in using hand and power, crimping, stripping & cutting tools
- Good understanding of quality control principles
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Willingness to be part of a team
Monday to Thursday - 7.30am to 3.45pm, with two 15 minute breaks and half an hour for lunch
Friday - 7.30am to 1.30pm with one 15 minute break and no lunch
Please note: This position is based in Hitchin, Hertfordshire please only apply if you are willing and able to work in this location, and have the required skills.
For more information about this role, please contact Farah @ Adecco Welwyn Garden City
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.