Global Trade and Customs Manager - Aerospace & Industrial
Job Title: Global Trade & Customs Manager
Business Unit: Power & Controls
Division: Engine Control Systems (ECS)
35-45k (Dependant on experience)
Delavan is a world leader in the design and manufacture of high quality spray nozzles and fluid handling systems. The Delavan site at Widnes has two distinct operations, an aerospace division and an Industrial division. The industrial division supports industrial applications in the automotive, food, chemical, power, steel and automotive sectors. The aerospace division, effectively the European hub of the Delavan USA business, provides maintenance repair and overhaul (MRO) of aerospace nozzle applications. As a result of these business operations, the business is involved in many aspects of import, export and global trade under the governance of Raytheon Technologies corporate policy and applicable international trade regulations. The role of the Global Trade & Customs Manager is critical to the Delavan business, ensuring that both regulatory compliance and company policies are being adhered to
Summary of Role:
The Global Trade & Customs Manager is responsible for global trade compliance and customs compliance for the Delavan Widnes business. The role involves the day to day management of import and export transactions and the coordination of global trade policies, procedures and global trade initiatives for the business. The main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
· Import Management: Responsibility of imports for Delavan UK, providing clearance instructions
for agents to clear goods on import, chasing copy entries, import entry
amendment, identifying and managing duty mitigation opportunities
and efficiencies. Maintaining accurate and auditable import records.
· Export Management: Responsibility of exports for Delavan UK producing export
documentation and managing transactions in SAP, clearing export
blocks, booking shipments with freight forwarders, approval of freight
forwarder charges. Maintaining accurate and auditable import records.
· GT Management: Responsible for all aspects of the global trade programme on behalf of the
Delavan UK business including but not limited to, policy and procedure
implementation, training, ITC approvals (travel, visitor management,
transaction due diligence, MK denial review), C360 management,
technical data controls, classification support, special projects.
The role reports to the general manager of the Widnes business day-to-day but also reports indirectly to the Associate Director, Global Trade, EMEA and APAC for the Power & Controls business.
The following experience is preferred but not essential. Candidates who can demonstrate experience and transferrable skills will be considered:
· Experience in a customs related role
· Experience of international trade compliance
· Project management experience or management of key business deliverables
· Experience of using SAP or a similar ERP system
· Experience of interpreting and managing policies and procedures
· Developing and implementing standard work
· Strong verbal and written communication skills at all levels of the organisation
· Proactive, responsive, self-motivated, receptive to change.
· Works well under pressure and is able to prioritise workload.
· Attention to detail and strong record management competency.
· Strong IT experience including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Experience of AEO & IPR would be desirable.
· GCSE Mathematics & English at grade C or above or an equivalent qualification is required.
Spring Engineering Solutions (a trading name of Roevin Management Services Limited) acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Spring Engineering Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring Engineering Solutions. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Global Trade and Customs Manager - Aerospace & Industrial
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.