Finance Analyst Temp Role
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate with degree or similar, who is looking for a role that offers training and support to become a fully qualified accountant.
The role will provide a very strong foundation for future career development through both its involvement in divisional tasks liaising with multiple sites and working closely with the operations function, as well as the broader finance function.
We're looking for somebody who wants to build a strong financial career within a global organisation that enables individuals to reach their best through continuous challenges and expansive opportunities. Working within a team of experienced finance professionals, you'll be helping a business that is dedicated to delivering quality products that help society.
The successful candidate will initially join the Finance Operations team, supporting the Divisional Operations Finance Manager as well as local finance teams with reporting requirements and controls. The division comprises of more than 30 sites with combined revenues of $560M. Our expectation is that the role holder will be in this team for approximately 18 months before rotating to a different Finance department to gain experience within Commercial Analysis or Financial Planning & Reporting.
Support the Operations Finance team through:
- Supporting the Operations, Sourcing, Supply Chain and Quality Assurance/Regulatory Affairs teams with any analysis and reports required to aid their understanding and drive improved performance
- Supporting with month/quarter-end close responsibilities and consolidation
- Supporting the divisional capital expenditure approval and reporting processes
- Supporting ad-hoc divisional projects (such as standardizing costs)
- Supporting Key Performance Indicator (KPI) processes and reporting for MBD and the Basingstoke site
- Developing weekly dashboards
- Attending Fixed Asset Management/ Impairment Reviews and daily Backorder meetings
- Providing reports on Inventory Provisions, Stock Reduction and Monthly Stock and Financial Information Management (FIM) support
- Supporting the development and refinement of tools, policies, and procedures that enhance existing performance
- Implementing controls to improve data accuracy and integrity
Skills & Qualifications:
- A Financial qualification is not required, although the role holder needs to be willing and able to undertake studies at a later date when they are fully up to speed with the requirements of the role;
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in a Finance, Business or Maths discipline is preferred but not essential. The role holder must hold some formal evidence of intellectual capability including a maths / numerical qualification;
- Excellent computer skills required - Microsoft Office (heavy Excel emphasis with the ability to use SUMIF and VLookup functions and pivot tables at a minimum);
- SAP and Hyperion experience is desirable
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a strong desire to study for a professional accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
- Has a broad understanding of the different elements within a Finance function and the ability to develop well thought through, robust and financially sound analysis
- Exhibits flexibility is committed to continuous learning, demonstrating a desire to advance and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities
- Is curious to understand business performance with an analytical mind able to translate this into insights for others.
- Communicates openly, with the ability to effectively communicate with non-finance people
- Has the ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with all levels of the organization, including upper management
- Embraces continuous improvement and looks for opportunities to constantly improve processes;
- Can be a key positive influencer within the wider finance team, encouraging team work and cross functional collaboration;
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers;
- Has courage to challenge and hold self and others accountable;
- Is disciplined in approach to quality, attention to detail/accuracy and is focused on delivery
- Effective organizational and time management skills to ensure deadlines are consistently met
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Finance Analyst Temp Role
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.