Quality Technician/ Inspector
Adecco are currently recruiting a Quality Technician/Inspector for our well established client based in Newport.
Job role will include Follow established processes and procedures to perform quality assurance checks, measurements and investigations to ensure that the company's product quality meets all Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety standards
Quality team Health and Safety & Environment Team
Contracts team Production team
All inspections that are required with regards to checks and inspections in the shop floor (incoming goods, shearing, manual bending, ALB bending), couplers, hot forge, headed anchors and final inspection going out)
Dealing with peculiar shapes and having to review the new shapes that they want (need to review 700 shapes, some of them with couplers)..need to understand this and be able to check with the operator
Collate all the information related to quality and liaise with Client's quality manager and also liaising with ERL quality department.
Responsible for following up the BDR (issues and complaints need to be dealt within 48 hours). They need to follow this through. Expected to receive approx 40 of them per week at the peak of the output.
Responsible for issuing daily/weekly/monthly reports related to quality issue
Familiar with root cause analysis tools (SCRA, PDCA,..)
IT literate, being veryfamiliar with MS office products, Outlook, Arma, CRM.
Flexible and familiar with lean manufacturing
Person with demonstrable experience in total quality management (preferable with steel)
Aprox 90-95% of his/her time will be on the shop floor liaising with all the different processes (incoming goods, shearing, manual bending, ALB bending), couplers, hot forge, headed anchors and final inspection going out)
Conduct Quality checks to ensure products meet contract requirements and compliance standards
- Select and inspect samples from the production process
- Identify production requirements from operator documentation
- Measure products and analyse against operator documentation
- Instruct the reproduction of product if requirements or standards are not met
- Record and document all quality checks for traceability
Support the Investigation and resolution of customer complaints
- Inspect the operational areas for missing product
- Conduct Symptoms Causes Remedies Actions investigations (SCRA) where deviations have occurred
- Conduct and/or support Quality related training interventions with production and/or contracts team when appropriate
- Conduct operator training assessments
Support the traceability and quality of the products
- Gather process documentation for traceability and subsequent filing
- Undertake shop floor audits ensuring the correct labelling of materials and WIP
- Contribute to on site internal and external audit processes
- Ensure operators use appropriate testing and measuring equipment
- Undertakes regular checks to ensure that machines are calibrated and performing to allowable tolerances
Miscellaneous or ad hoc business requirements
- Manage and/or undertake specific project activity as determined by the business or line manager
- Travel to specific locations in order to undertake role requirements as required
- Represent your function or business at meetings and other events as required
Hours: Monday to Friday , Shifts rotating , Days / Nights
£ Salary on Days £11.83 ph (up to £24,000 pa) Depending on experience
Night Shift allowance will be payable on nights
Position to start immediately. Temporary to permanent
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Quality Technician/ Inspector
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.