Product UX Designer
***Product UX Designer - Contract - London***
Product UX Designer
6 Months Rolling Contract
£Competitive pwd Umbrella
Our client is an International energy and services company providing energy services to consumers across the globe and driving innovative products and solutions to drive power to the customer in more ways than one.
We are looking for an excellent problem solver to join our design team. We need someone who can put themselves into the shoes of users, be it a tradesperson or a customer, and design products to suit their needs.
- Work closely with product managers, the senior designer and developers to design strategic product enhancements
- Have a keen eye for aesthetics and the ability to identify areas for improvement, or missed opportunities, on the product
- Familiarise themselves with Brand guidelines and Design System and apply them day to day
- Design and mock up the UX that will solve user problems and turn it into a high-fidelity design ready for development.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies including refinement sessions, to explain your work
- Run usability sessions, evaluate feedback and test your assumptions
- Work quickly to iterate on designs based on feedback and feasibility
- Translate user stories and ideas into best in industry UX and UI
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experienced working in UX/UI design
- Must be familiar with contemporary UX practices
- Familiar with responsive web design, Android and iOS.
- Must live and breathe Figma and Adobe Creative Cloud some familiarity with Sketch might be useful
- Ability to create high fidelity mockups and rapid prototypes
- Strong communicator who is willing to speak to senior stakeholders
- Can operate out of Jira
- Eagerness to learn
- Passion and enthusiasm for design and technology
- Can do attitude with a track record of self-direction and completion
- You will have the ability to give, and receive, honest and constructive feedback and will never shy away from having a controversial opinion (when necessary!)
- You should have an understanding of Agile including both Scrum and Kanban
- Experience working in a startup or a small company would be beneficial - if you don't have this, don't worry, we just need a hands-on go getter.
- Fans of Four Tet are extra welcome here
TO APPLY - PLEASE REPLY TO THIS EMAIL WITH AN UP TO DATE CV
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Product UX Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.