***Junior Developer - Financial Services - London***
Early Careers - Financial Services
£Competitive Annual Salary
Tech: Functional Programming (Java, Scala, Haskell), Relational and Object database
Please share any GitHub repository's when submitting your CV
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Developer, either as a recent Grad or upto around 5 years experience, to join us at Nextgen, with a view to hopefully having the client make you a permanent offer at the end of our 12-24 months.
You will be permanently employed by Next Gen early Careers and we will be providing you with training to top up your knowledge whilst in this role. You will also be provided with a service manager who will support your development whilst placed within the bank.
We are looking for Junior Developers with a real Enthusiasm, Attitude and Commitment to development. You'll have a keen interest in taking on an opportunity where you will receive hands on training in a role and to then take up a long term position within our banking client.
For more than 200 years, our global Financial Services Client has been helping people around the world connect with what matters most to them. The company is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services.
A long established global Swaps Technology team. A high performing team with a passion for solving complex business problems through innovation and solid engineering practices. A successful candidate will be expected to apply their depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with our global technical leads / scrums on a daily basis in order to reach our common goals. You'll work in a collaborative, high performing, thought-provoking environment - one that encourages creative thought and solutions that are in the best interests of our front and middle office user base.
Key responsibilities include
- Member of the Swaps technology development team, building and supporting solutions for processing of Swaps trading activity.
- Understand complex business requirements and apply simple, clean solutions to meet their needs
- Dealing with large data sets, relational and object databases
- Liaise with support teams in all regions and ensure production issues are resolved in a timely manner
Skills and Experience
(We do not look for all the skills as we are mainly looking for the right person fit that we can develop into a long standing role)
- Functional Programming experience in an appropriate language - Scala, Haskell, etc..
- TDD/BDD experience
- Relational and Object database knowledge
- Modelling with DDD practices will be a plus
- Experience with Cats / Scalaz will be a plus
- Relevant education such as a B.Sc. in relevant subject such as Computer Science or the equivalent experience and qualifications.
TO APPLY - PLEASE REPLY TO THIS EMAIL WITH AN UP TO DATE CV
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Junior Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.