Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Primarily Taunton, however you will be required to travel to other depots.
Salary: Circa £40,000-£45,000 dependent on experience
Hours: Core hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00-17:00 and Friday 08:00-16:00
Benefits: Our client offer a fantastic benefit package of 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, private medical package and contributory pension scheme.
The role: The role of Operations Manager is to ensure that all key areas of the production and service requirements of the business come together to deliver the correct quality of final product or service, complete, on time and in full. The role will undertake direct responsibility of the operational aspects within the Taunton production and service (workshops and warehouse) area and the strategically based remote depots.
Key Responsibilities of the Operations Manger
- Responsible of key staff employed within production and service elements of the business across 3 sites - up to 30 staff
- Liaise with members of the Technical and Sales Departments to ensure Customer's delivery requirements are achieved.
- Support the company in production planning and making sure the business is adequately resourced.
- Ensure that all Workshop and Test areas are maintained in a clean and tidy and operational condition in accordance with the company's requirements and vision of achieving professionalism and commitment to good working practice and a high quality of finished goods and services.
- Identifying any skills gaps in the organisation and undertaking a recruitment programme to support this.
- Training of staff and managers to ensure that everyone is performing adequately in their role.
- Providing a leadership support function to teams and motivating staff to achieve goals.
- Managing budgets and costs effectively in respect of the operational process, including collation of engineering times sheets in line with company policy.
- Working alongside the board of directors to keep them up to date with depot, manufacturing and service matters.
- Development of key performance indicators that reflect the business activities and support continuous improvement programs through controlled change.
- Implementation of any new policies and procedures relating to the production process.
- Support IT solutions ensuring that they are fit for purpose.
- With a working knowledge of ISO9001 quality management systems, Manage quality assurance programmes in line with the quality management system.
- Setting and reviewing budgets and managing cost.
- Overseeing inventory, distribution of goods and facility layout.
- Take a lead role in Health and Safety
The successful candidate will need to have the following core skills:
- Leadership - leading teams from different departments to achieve organisational goals.
- Communication - ensuring that communication is ongoing and effective between different departments.
- IT - keeping up to date with IT systems in the workplace while having an understanding of emerging technologies.
- Team working - fostering an environment of teamwork to ensure that all products are delivered on time and company goals are met.
- Initiative - The ability to work alone and take a lead when hurdles arise or when tasks require completion.
- Strategic Planning - staying ahead of the game and ensuring that plans for the future are clearly identified.
- Problem Solving - adapting to the ever changing environment and reacting quickly to meet challenges.
The ideal candidate would ideally have previous engineering experience working in a manufacturing or service related industry.
If you are interested in finding out more please call the office on 01823 285440 or email email@example.com for a confidential chat.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Operations Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.