Project Manager - Electrical Car Charging Points
Project Manager - Electric Car Charging Infrastructure
Initial Duration: 2 years
Rate £Competitive rate
Overview of Role
As the Project Manager you will be delivering the decarbonisation of my clients' fleet and to meet their commitment to have a zero emission fleet by 2030 and be a net zero organisation by that same date.
My client is committed to converting circa 60% of it's light commercial vehicle fleet to BEV (battery electric vehicles). To support this OFGEM have provided a monetary allowance for the installation of BEV charge point infrastructure across the operational sites of gas and electricity transmission operational sites.
You will be expected to have knowledge and experience of property and land coupled with first class stakeholder engagement skills and have demonstrable experience in working with numerous vendors and third parties.
- Provide progress reports and feedback to the Programme Manager and key stakeholders.
- The EVSE Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the rollout plan is achieved, working with the operational business units and Fleet Operations Manager to ensure that vehicle charging is available for the BEV fleet as it is deployed
- Coordinating our external suppliers to ensure this happens timely and in line with the roll out plan.
- The role will also be the key liaison person working with various business areas of my client
- Participate in supplier contract negotiations alongside Procurement to establish an appropriate new contract that allows for effective project management structure thereafter
- Develop a robust plan for each of the sites for the rollout of the EVSE. Working with the Project to ensure effective overall project success achieving key milestones.
- Coordinate the tendering of civil engineering mini tenders
- Management of Stakeholders - developing relationships with key stakeholders such as Operations managers, Fleet managers, Corporate Property, Procurement
- Strong communication and networking skills to actively manage stakeholders and supplier partners
- A team player with the ability to develop effective cross-functional relationships and influence other senior design personnel;
- Driving and co-ordinating the operations team to maximise their individual and cohesive performance
- Proven project management skills and experience including full project lifecycle accountability, contingency planning and risk and issue management
- Desirable, an interest and /or understanding of EVSE installation and commissioning
- Desirable, an understanding of electricity and/or gas operational sites
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Project Manager - Electrical Car Charging Points
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.