EMC Test Engineer
An EMC Test Engineer is required for a long term contract role based in Bristol for a multi-national defence company.
Candidates must have worked in the UK defence environment within the last 12 months.
The assignment is to undertake a range of engineering activities with the EMC skill area, applying specialist technical knowledge for the testing of equipment and systems to meet military requirements in anechoic and reverberation chambers.
* Perform test assessments of equipment and systems to meet military requirements in anechoic and reverberation chambers.
* Perform test for the effects of the EMC & RF requirements on the unit for test
* implementing a consistent test and assessment logic.
* Providing expertise in the measurement and analysis of operational RF & EMC environments including field trials in support of development to meet Requirements Specification.
* Applying technical knowledge in a range of RFI & EMC testing techniques in compliance with DEF STAN 59-411, DEF STAN 59-114 and other relevant standards.
* Maintain trials log to provide an accurate record of the trials performed in accordance with the standard procedure in order to meet UKAS requirements.
* Writing of detailed EMC test instructions derived from the Environmental Requirement Specifications (ERS?s), EMC Control Plans and Proving Plans and Requirements in support of product development.
* Plan, prepare and conduct of EMC & RF trials programmes at system, subsystem and component level within internal facilities and at external test houses for certification approvals and for pre compliance investigations.
* Writing technical reports to provide a record of the trials performed in accordance with the standard procedure to meet UKAS requirements.
* Providing expertise in requirements management and preparing compliance statements in support of Certification.
* Responsible for the technical control of assigned tasks.
* Provide support to the identification and development technical solutions to project failures attributed to EMC & RF Environments including recommending solutions.
* Problem Solving Challenges: Investigating and solving EMC / RFI related problems, (including work across different disciplines) to determine issues and determine resolutions.
* Working within functional and UK / French boundaries to resolve complex technical EMC problems.
* To provide inputs for the continuing development of the EMC trials facilities.
* Thorough understanding of the EMC environmental life cycle for the various military services.
* Knowledge of EMC & RF test techniques and systems.
* Knowledge of EMC & RF test antennas and their appropriate utilisation.
* Knowledge of test and measurement instrumentation.
* Knowledge of signal processing and analysis.
* Knowledge of DEF STANs and related specs relevant to the EMC discipline.
* Good communication skills at all level both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to work to tight deadlines and within budget limits.