Domestic Abuse Co-ordinator
Adecco Poole and Bournemouth are delighted to be assisting one of our local clients in their search for a Domestic Abuse Co-ordinator.
This role is a 9-month contract.
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating complex, formal Multi-agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC/HRDA) for high risk victims of domestic abuse in accordance with national standards and 'Safe lives' guidance.
· To Liaise and co-ordinate with all key local agencies to maintain the terms of reference of the MARAC/HRDA. Also, to ensure an agreed referral threshold in order to manage the volume of cases
· Organise and ensure consistency in referral of cases from the full range of potential referring agencies based on the use of a common risk identification tool and referral form for victims.
· To create, manage and prepare the MARAC/HRDA agenda to ensure that cases are reviewed in the most time effective manner and that any specialist attendees are present.
· Ensure that the relevant data is collected so that the outputs and outcomes from MARAC can be recorded and accountability to victims and partner agencies and report to the MARAC steering group/HRDA QA Group.
· Maintain an up to date list of all MARAC attendees and their contact details.
· Update the C&CJ MARAC/HRDA SharePoint pages, ensuring that information is current, accurate, and user friendly and in accordance with corporate guidelines.
· To arrange and coordinate MARAC/HRDA meetings. Also arrange emergency MARAC meetings if the need arises and assist with MARMM's as required.
The Ideal Candidate
· Able to demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to act with diplomacy and integrity in all forms of communication, and negotiating and influencing senior, multiagency stakeholders.
· Proven ability to work independently, excellent organisational skills and have the ability to work unsupervised, prioritise own workload, demonstrating effective well-structured planning and organisation skills in a calm and methodical manner.
· Excellent standard of computer literacy/IT skills and evidence an ability to gather and analyse information and present information from a range of sources making sure it is reliable and accurate. This will be supported by proficient skills in Microsoft applications.
· The ability to recognise risk and prioritise tasks to ensure that risk is mitigated and managed.
· Knowledge and understanding of MARAC process and national guidance. Together with knowledge and understanding of the participating bodies including the use of health and social care terminology and an understanding of the Domestic Abuse environment.
· Experience of working in a confidential / sensitive material environment, with multiple agencies trying to achieve a common goal.
If you are the candidate we are looking for or are interested to discuss this role or other live vacancies, please do not hesitate to call Tom on 01202 202810 or email
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.