Employee Relations Specialist
****Employee Relations Specialist - Contract - Warwick*****
Employee Relations Specialist
Initial 9 month Contract
£Competitive pwd Umbrella Company
Essential: CIPD, Employment Law background, Management Cases
Our client is an International energy and services company providing energy services to consumers across the globe and driving innovative products and solutions to drive power to the customer in more ways than one.
To provide a quality case management service which is customer focused and responsive through provision of professional guidance, risk-based advice, support, coaching and training to Line Managers when managing cases arising from the application of people management HR policies and practice. This includes for example: sickness absence management, disciplinary / code of employee conduct, grievance, performance improvement, discrimination, bullying and harassment, drugs and alcohol, death in service and others as required.
- Well versed in leading, engaging and managing multiple people at different levels
- Experienced HR Generalist or Employee Relations Specialist able to manage complex cases and provide advice based on best practice, current legal guidance with commercial option as well as support for Case Management related activity
- Understanding and experience of external good practice ie ACAS requirements for such policies / processes
- Experience of facilitating and managing multiple complex hearings / case work up to and including dismissal
- Experience of advising & coaching on the management of sickness cases up to and including dismissal and Ill health Retirement
- Experience of advising & coaching on the management of Performance Improvement cases
- Experience of advising & coaching on the management of Grievance and DBH cases, including investigations
- Clear and confident communicator (verbal and written) with commercial acumen and ability to adapt communication style in given situations
- Experience of contentious matters in both an internal and external context including early conciliation, settlement agreements and employment tribunals.
- Delivery & Customer focused
- Resilient and tenacious.
Describe key competencies required.
- CIPD qualified
- Elevating the brand of the ER team through the provision of a customer focused, visible, and timely professional service with delivery against all aspects of the Case Management process.
- Ensure consistency and efficiency in the application of the client's ER related policies; coaching managers on an ongoing basis in order they learn from experience;
- Advising and coaching Managers for Stage 3 Disciplinary hearings and Appeals, supporting them with best practice insight to enable a fair and reasonable decisions to be made
- Supporting and coaching Managers in the handling of sickness cases at all levels up to and including potential medical redeployment / ill health dismissal and / or sickness absence stage 3 dismissal; advice on reasonable adjustments.
- Supporting and coaching Managers in the handling of performance improvement cases at all levels up to and including potential redeployment / or PIP Stage 3 dismissal
- Advise on DBH / grievance investigations as required and coach respective parties in approach - e.g. manager, investigator etc. Based on risk profile of case, may attend earlier stage meetings.
- Ensure hearing outcomes requiring follow up action / administrative HR support are effectively administered and completed.
- Provide case management advice and facilitation of difficult conversations, where it is identified that additional case management support is required.
- Provision of administration from hearings to the Admin resource in a timely manner to enable Appeal's to be run swiftly and thoroughly and to ensure materials are ready if required.
- Deliver related learning and development / up skilling programmes eg 2-day HR Case Management training course; investigation officer, chair training. Champion ER best practice through delivery of policy & practice awareness sessions throughout UK
TO APPLY - PLEASE REPLY TO THIS EMAIL WITH AN UP TO DATE CV
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Employee Relations Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.