Adecco are recruiting for Cleaners working with a large public sector based within York to work on a long-term temporary basis.
The main function of this post is to participate in maintaining levels of cleanliness throughout a designated area.
- To ensure that the ward/area you are assigned to is cleaned in accordance with the work schedule for that area
- To work with your supervisor and other staff groups when the work schedule for your assigned area is to be reviewed
- Staff must prioritise their own workload whilst considering any variation in ward or departmental routine, where appropriate
- Undertake specialist cleaning as required under the guidance of the Domestic Supervisor.
- To ensure all the cleaning materials and disposables are used economically and that only chemicals provided by our client are used in accordance with your training.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all the equipment and cleaning materials used are stored securely and safely in your work area.
- To ensure that whilst carrying out your duties the correct colour coded equipment is used to prevent cross contamination.
- Ensure all cleaning equipment and trolleys are cleaned properly at the end of each shift and are stored in line with the Cleaning Cupboard Standard Operating Procedure.
The successful Cleaners will be able to work alone and as part of a team, be able to work to deadlines. Undertake cleaning duties involving lifting items and operating cleaning machinery, some of which is industrial standard. Work without immediate supervision being able to prioritise and use own initiative. Work in pressure situations and still maintain standards. Possess excellent personal
hygiene standards be flexible and adaptable and have positive can-do attitude.
There are mixed rota's which include;
- 7:30 to 14:00
- 8:00 to 16:00
- 14:00 to 20:00
- 14:00 to 22:00
The pay rate for these positions start at £9.00 per hour.
To apply to this role please click below or email us at or call the office on 01904 640333.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Cleaner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.