Principal Mechanical Engineer
Principal Mechanical Engineer
£50'000 to £55'000 approx.
Herts. / Beds. area
A world-renowned Aerospace & Defence company is looking to add another experienced Mechanical Engineer to their team in the home counties north of London, to help apply their knowledge and expertise to the development of their cutting edge new products that they are developing for the next generation of airborne, land and naval platforms for the MoD. The work you would do in this role will help to save lives and change the way this country is defended in years to come.
What you'll do:
- Help to provide leadership &technical direction on some of our most critical business programmes to ensure delivery of mechanical engineering excellence.
- Mechanical design and development using 3D CAD tools (e.g. Creo, ProE, etc.)
- Work within the project team providing accurate mechanical engineering output and providing technical info to ensure the smartest decisions are made.
- Work in accordance with the mechanical design lifecycle.
- Contribute to material selection (both metallic and composite)
- Have an understanding of machining and manufacturing techniques and employment of them to achieve optimal DFx approaches.
- Formulate prototype designs and produce physical representations.
- Provide key support to critical technical problem investigations and deliver effective solutions.
- Chair, support and facilitate reviews and sign off release of mechanical designs in accordance with business and industry standards.
- Contribute towards continual improvement in product manufacturability through effective relationship building and design guidance / liaison with other engineering functions to ensure product & customer requirements are fully satisfied.
What we NEED from you:
- Engineering design and development
- Problem solving and simultaneous engineering
- Understanding of ERP, PLM and PDM systems (e.g. Teamcenter, Windchill and SAP experience would be beneficial).
- Business awareness - understanding of fundamental business principles, drivers and key customers.
- Preliminary (Sizing) Structural analyses, including modal (Hand calculations and FEA)
What we'd LOVE to see from you:
(but don't let it put you off if you don't have experience of these things)
- Awareness and knowledge of Mechanical Engineering industry trends - knowledge of new and advancing tools, techniques and technologies.
- Experience with thermal management would be beneficial.
- Knowledge and understanding of various additive manufacturing (3D printing etc) technologies.
- Chartered Engineer registration with a recognised organisation IMechE / RAeS / IED / IET.
What we'll give you:
- Industry Distinction:
- You will be at the forefront of significant UK defence programme that will help keep our forces and our country safe both now and in the years to come
- You will be able to help shape the next generation of sensor and communication systems for the state of the art airborne platforms of the future.
- Investment in your Learning & Development :
- Throughout your career here you'll be supported in your ongoing professional development through training and mentoring.
- Flexible & Home Working options:
- Along with many other perks and benefits
- To be a part of something special:
- We are proud of our rich heritage in the UK defence sector, and we continue to be a dependable and respected ally to the MoD.
Then apply now!
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law. Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers. By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.
Apply for Principal Mechanical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.