ONS Customer Service Advisor
Adecco will be working in conjunction with Serco to provide Customer Service Advisors to work on the 2021 Census Campaign and we are looking for you to join our team, to work on this once in a decade opportunity.
Due to current Covid19 restrictions and the changes that we are all experiencing in the world of work, you will be able to undertake this assignment remotely from the comfort of your own home/office. We will be asking candidates that live within a 60 mile radius of Serco's offices in the North West and North East, to collect bespoke IT kit from the site to enable you to undertake this assignment. If you live outside of this catchment area, there is the potential to use your own Windows 10 device.
The primary objective of the role is to complete census forms on behalf of members of the public who are unable to complete their form on-line; this could be in the form of incoming calls, webchat, email, and SMS.
Skill Requirements: -
- Ideally you will have previous call centre experience, whereby you have knowledge of working with a dialler (where calls are automatically sent through to you) You will need to able converse and enter data at the same time across multiple working screens and open applications.
- You must possess the ability to offer high standards of customer service to all Clients contacting the advice line; some of the Clientele may well be of a vulnerable nature and have never used a service like this before. You will not only be offering advice over the phone but across web-based platforms, email and SMS and therefore the ability speak and key/type at the same time is essential.
- Previous experience in using web-based platforms, email and SMS skills are essential for successful applicants in this role.
- A friendly, helpful attitude and disposition is key to ensuring all Clients contacting the service feel comfortable in sharing and updating their Census information; you are the voice of Census 2021 for them.
- Training for this role is either on 17th February 2021 OR 3rd March 2021 and the end date of the assignment will be 26th June 2021.
- The opening hours of the service are 08:00 - 20:00 (Mon-Fri) and 08:00 - 13:00 (Sat); you will work a 37.5-hour rota basis across these opening hours for the lifespan of the contract. You also need to be available to potentially work 08:00 - 22:00 both Saturday and Sunday, 20th and 21st of March, which is the Census Weekend.
If you have the necessary skills and experience and are keen to work on this National Event, then please use the link at the bottom of this advert to apply for this role.
Our Recruitment Team are operating a Digital Recruitment and Onboarding Programme for this position. Once you have applied they will be in touch with the next stage of the interview process, which will be the initial pre-screen of your skills and attributes to do the role coupled with your locational situation.
Following your pre-screen, successful applicants will be contacted inviting them to conduct their online interview.
All roles are subject to verification of you holding the correct Right to Work within the UK and proof of address documents (validated at interview stage) and receipt of a clear DBS (De-Barring Service/Criminal Record Check), of which further instruction to complete will be sent to you once you have passed the initial interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you luck with your application.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy