Software Assurance Engineer
Please note that due to the defence aspect of this role only UK nationals (non dual nationals) who can gain secrurity clearance are eligble.
Remote working. Outside IR35.
This Software Assurance Engineer will join the CS&S Design Assurance team who report directly to the Director of CS&S and the Head of the Programme. The purpose of this team to provide independent assessment of the design being developed by the Combat Systems team. The Design Assurance team has overall responsibility for product safety and compliance.
This role is to provide Software Assurance to the Combat System that is currently in the development phase with the main purpose of the role being to:
- Provide an independent challenge,
- Provide expertise independent of the project,
- Identify major risks.
The Software Assurance engineer will confirm, by an independent review that the software meet the software requirements. The main activities that are required to be completed include but are not limited to:
- Completing independent Software Lifecycle Maturity Assessments
- Check for compliance to the Software development processes either in-house or by suppliers.
- Provide independent oversight of Software risks for our products and those of our suppliers.
- Providing guidance to the Software development teams.
- Supporting the Software Engineering teams by performing root cause analysis and recommend preventative processes and actions.
- Software Assurance Engineer with +15 years experience of working on complex Marine, Aerospace or Defence systems. Experience of working on Submarine combat systems would be advantageous.
- Detailed knowledge of high integrity software development requirements and processes such DO-178, IEC 61508.
- The candidate shall have a demonstrated track record of performing independent assessment of software assurance activities.
- Knowledge of Team Centre and other PLM systems advantageous.
- Robust knowledge of the quality requirements of ISO9001 or AS9100.
- Strong communicator
- Ability to take an agile approach to engaging in new workflows and activities.
- Demonstrated experience in a customer facing engineering role.
- Candidates should have a Degree / HND or equivalent in Systems Engineering or an associated discipline.
Apply for Software Assurance Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.