Do you have experience within purchasing? Have you worked within manufacturing previously?
Adecco are proud to be working with a well-established company who are seeking a Buyer to join their expanding team.
- CIPS qualified
- A strong self-starter who is process driven
- Experience of purchasing in a manufacturing environment
- Adept in the use of SAP with a good understanding
- A logical mind, someone who has a systematic and analytical approach to fault finding and problem solving
- Self-assured and confident, with the ability to communicate well at all levels
- Full responsibility of key purchasing functions, overseeing and carrying out all tactical duties
- Strategic supply chain planning through analysis of the current supply chain base and similar manufacturing processes
- Sourcing new suppliers and improving the process wherever possible. Auditing alongside other teams and generating analytics reports
- Maximising gross profit by drawing upon manufacturing knowledge
- Monitoring production schedules, ensuring purchase orders are raised in a timely manner
- Negotiating costs, terms and conditions with current and prospective suppliers
Salary: up to £27-£28k
Working days: Monday-Friday
Working hours: 8am-4pm
Duration of contract: Permanent
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.