Senior Java Engineer
***Senior Java Developer - Contract - London***
Senior Java Engineer
6 Month Rolling Contact
£Competitive pwd Ltd Company
Our client has served UK customers for over 50 years with their financial needs. Their services include asset servicing, asset management, private equity and hedge fund administration, broker-dealer services, depositary receipts, corporate trust and treasury services.
We are looking for highly talented engineers to be part of a scrum team delivering business and client focussed full stack solutions and designs.
In this client facing role, you should be resourceful, energetic, and ready to hit the ground running. You'll need to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work well. You should be ready to share ideas and fresh perspectives.
- Design and delivery of technical solutions with an emphasis on quality, automation and continuous integration.
- Work in collaboration with peers and contribute to new tech discussions.
- Build strong relationships with business stakeholders, collaborate on requirements, relationships and ensuring that the technology strategy is aligned with business goals and strategy.
- Calmly deal with issues; being happy to get stuck in to help fix issues and assist in identifying causes and effectively dealing with them.
Essential Skills and experience
- Excellent experience and skills in Java (8+) / Spring / Spring Boot.
- Solid understanding of object-orientated programming techniques and use of design patterns.
- Experience of build tools and CI/CD - e.g. Maven, Jenkins.
- Experience writing REST web services.
- Familiarity with both relational and NoSQL databases (we use Oracle, SQLServer and Mongo).
- Exposure to messaging - JMS or Kafka.
- Appreciation and understanding of security.
- Knowledge of developing in a microservices environment with auto-scaling, loosely coupled, secure & resilience services.
- Experience of web frameworks.
- An advocate of agile engineering principles with a drive for automation.
- A technical polyglot with experience of shipping production code across a full-stack environment.
- A fantastic communicator and collaborator keen to work closely across teams.
- An enthusiastic innovator and creative problem solver, with a passion for technology.
TO APPLY - PLEASE REPLY TO THIS EMAIL WITH AN UP TO DATE CV
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Senior Java Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.