Purchase Ledger Clerk
The role - Purchase Ledger Clerk
Office Angels have an exciting opportunity for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join our client ASAP, based on the outskirts of Hexham, on a permanent basis. This is a brilliant opportunity to join a company who have grown continuously and expect further growth throughout 2021.
This role is Full time Monday-Friday 9-5.
This role is initially working from home, once lockdown restrictions are lifted the role will be split between working from home and being in the office.
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £24,000-£27,000 PA
Due to location the successful candidate must have access to their own transport.
The duties for this role includes:
- Management of the Purchase Ledger (processing Purchase Orders, Purchase Invoices and Credit Notes, Supplier statements reconciliation, resolving supplier queries, processing supplier payments). Optimising the cash flow of the business and implementing Procurement and Supplier Payment policies.
- Management of the Sales Ledger. Work closely with Project Teams identify and maintain schedules for raising Sales Invoices; processing Sales invoices and Credit notes, credit control, resolving customer queries. Optimising the cash flow of the business and implementing Sales, Credit and cash collection policies.
- Monthly Payroll processing.
- Weekly Timesheet processing.
- Expenses processing.
- Credit card transactions processing and reconciliation.
- Petty cash transactions processing and reconciliation.
- Assist Finance Manager with various HMRC returns (VAT, Payroll, EC Sales List, Intrastat declarations, etc.)
- Assist Finance manager with preparation of various KPI reports and monthly management accounts.
- Assist Finance Manager with Month End and Year End procedures and preparation.
- Assist Finance Manager with annual Statutory Audit.
- Assist Finance Manager with Grant applications and submissions.
- Company holiday system management
- Ad hoc projects as and when these arise.
- Must be a team player
- Experience working within a medium to large business is essential
- Meticulous and accurate with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills (particularly MS Excel)
- Organised with the ability to prioritise and multi task due to high volumes of work and tight deadlines
- Accounts Payable experience is essential
- Payroll experience is preferable
- Accounts Receivable experience is preferable
This client offers a company-wide bonus scheme to all staff and a shares option scheme after 12 months.
About Office Angels
Office Angels is the market - leading provider of temporary and permanent office professional roles across the UK - from PA's and secretaries to finance and HR.
We develop supportive relationships with our many valued clients, understanding their unique business requirements and pinpointing the ideal fit for their company.
For more information and to apply, please click the 'apply' button
If you want to add value to your world of work, why not follow our recruitment channels on Twitter, LinkedIn and Glassdoor.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Purchase Ledger Clerk
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.