Job Role: Estates Officer
Hours: Full Time, Monday to Friday
Contract: Temporary Interim Contract (3 - 6 months)
Pay: £15.34 per hour
Office Location: Wolverhampton City Centre (This role will be home based / remote working until further notice)
Office Angels are delighted to be working in partnership with a local public sector organisation who are actively seeking to appoint an Estates Officer to provide interim temporary support for approximately 3 - 6 months. As the Estates Officer you will work closely with the Estate Manager to assist with undertaking the management, acquisition and disposal of land and property. This role requires the ability to work as part of a centralised team who oversee all estates related budgets, decision making and activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with the preparation and implementation of work programmes that the estates team oversee
- Monitoring compliance in accordance to performance management and other set targets
- Assisting in the management, acquisition and disposal of land in a cost effective manner
- Preparing estate valuations for approval and approval reports
- Negotiating new lettings, renewal of leases and tenancies, rent reviews, acquisition and disposal of land and premises, and settlement of compensation claims.
- Preparing approval valuations, appraisals, compensation and other reports relating to land and premises
- Assisting in the management of a portfolio of commercial properties, including marketing, establishing lettings, providing liaison with tenants, ensuring sound estate management; setting, review and collection of rents and service charges, recovery of debts
- Assisting in preparing cases for County Court, Lands Tribunal and Public Inquiries
- Liaising with other internal Service Groups as appropriate according to work being undertaken
- Providing reports to members and other customers of the service and promote high standards with consistency in their preparation and presentation
Skills / Experience Required
- Previous experience of working as an Estates Officer or a similar role
- Experience in property transactions and/or development work or management of commercial property
- Full membership of RICS (General Practice) desirable
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge relating to estates legislation
- Ability to work effectively and under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build productive working relationships with stakeholders
This role has an immediate start for the successful applicant - If you feel that your skills closely match the job criteria then please apply now.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Estates Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.