Job Role: Governance Officer
Hours: 36 hours per week, Monday to Friday,
Contract: Temporary Interim Contract (3 - 6 months)
Pay: £13.35 - £14.95 per hour
Office Location: Wolverhampton City Centre (This role will be home based / remote working until further notice)
Office Angels are delighted to be working in partnership with a local public sector organisation who are actively seeking to appoint a Governance Officer to provide interim temporary support for approximately 3 - 6 months. This is a pivotal role that holds the responsibility of supporting a Chief Operating Officer and Governance Manager with the transition of an exciting new project relating to housing development. Good governance is at the heart of any successful business to help achieve its objectives and drive improvement, this role therefore requires a fantastic organiser, with top-level, proven, administration skills, that must include experience of minute taking to co-ordinate all governance activity and be proficient in arranging board meeting, preparation of meeting papers, arranging events, document and process management, monitoring timescale agenda's, monitoring framework compliance and writing reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing high level administrative support to board meetings including co-ordinating board meetings, collating papers, taking minutes, monitoring and advising on action monitors within relevant timescales.
- Ensuring all business policies are up to date and where they need to be reviewed incorporate them into the Governance timetable
- Monitoring regulation, legislation and/or best practice that may be relevant to the project to ensure the Chief Operating Officer is fully up to date
- Dealing with Board members enquiries and directing enquiries to relevant officers
- Co-ordinating regular communications to support the Board
- Facilitating in house and external training as directed by the Programme and Governance Manager
- Contributing to the engagement and support of Board members through the provision of timely information on operations, events and other matters as directed by the Programme and Governance Manager and Chief Operating Officer
- Overseeing and updating business website with relevant and required information
- Providing administrative support and facilitate internal and external training for Board members and staff
- Supporting the Programme and Governance Manager by giving administrative support where required
- Maintaining policies and procedures and code of conduct records
- Ensuring comprehensive records are maintained
Skills / Experience Required:
- Previous experience of working in a Governance Officer / Executive Assistant support role essential
- Previous experience of working in a Public Sector or Corporate environment
- Experience of supporting and co-ordinating board meetings
- Ability to take and produce high quality minutes
- Proactive approach
- Proficient computer skills
This is a great opportunity to be a part of an exciting transition and development plans for the future. This role has an immediate start for the successful applicant - If you feel that your skills closely match the job criteria then please apply now.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Governance Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.