Finance Support Officer
Main responsibilities of the post
1. To review applications for Covid 19 related business grants on a daily basis.
2. To assess grant applications against relevant criteria and guidance, including verifying supporting evidence submitted by applicants (e.g. financial records, bank statements, rental invoices/leases, Business Rates system, Companies House)
3. To make recommendations to approve, reject or seek further information on each application assessed.
4. To ensure that sufficient information is recorded in all cases so that the reasons for decisions made are on record and traceable.
5. To process payments for successful applications in a timely fashion, ensuring the Borough's Financial Regulations and procedures are followed.
6. To maintain an accurate, up to date grants database and summary.
7. To respond to queries, seek further information and communicate outcomes to applicants in a professional and appropriate manner.
8. To escalate queries/complaints/Members Enquiries as appropriate to the Service Manager, and support with drafting of responses.
9. To undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and purpose of the post as directed by the Service Manager.
● Preferably a qualified Accounting Technician
● Successful experience in a finance environment preferably within the public sector or preparing accounts for small businesses
● Experience of preparing financial statements and written reports
● Highly numerate and confident in working with figures
● Good communication skills and literacy across all forms of written work
● Ability to understand complex and rapidly changing grants guidance
● Able to quickly understand and assess a wide range of information
● Strong analytical skills and professional judgement
● Ability to work independently and organise own daily workload, while understanding when to ask for guidance and/or support
● Ability to create and accurately maintain databases/records systems
● Able to forge good working relationships across different departments and disciplines
● Able to maintain confidentiality when required
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Finance Support Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.