Head of Occupational Health
Adecco are proud to be recruiting on behalf of Cheshire Constabulary for an Occupational Health Unit Practice Manager on a permanent basis.
The post holder will promote, develop, coordinate and manage all aspects of health, fitness and wellbeing for the service to promote the health of all employees and reduce the risk of cases of occupational Ill health.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provision of professional occupational Health advice to managers and employees in relation to sickness absence and all health, fitness and wellbeing related issues. Ensuring that appropriate medical advice and guidance on sickness absence management is provided with verbal and written advice to managers, employees and HR colleagues.
- Lead and manage a team of Occupational health professionals and administrative staff focusing on commitment to quality, customer engagement and satisfaction, continuous improvement, high performance and innovation to deliver a high quality occupational health service.
- Manage and develop the occupational health team to ensure an effective workforce capable of meeting its strategic objectives for the Constabulary. This will include monitoring of performance, management of the OHU team, professional development and ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and Occupational health Policies and Procedures.
- Formulate, implement and review occupational health and fitness policies, procedures and initiatives in line with statutory and service requirements, national strategies or standards in order to optimise employee health, wellbeing and physical fitness to reduce sickness absence. This will include developing, implementing and actively promoting health, wellbeing and fitness initiatives, awareness and education and access to treatment to expedite recovery.
- Plan, develop, coordinate and deliver a full range of occupational health services that anticipate and respond to the changing needs of the Constabulary.
Qualifications / skills / experience:
- Diploma/Degree in Occupational Health.
- Significant post qualification experience in an occupational Health role
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply Occupational Health Standards in a clinical practice setting.
- Working knowledge of health and safety legislation and working practices.
- Excellent communications skills including written, verbal and presentation are required.
- Ability to plan, organise and plan workload for the OHU.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Head of Occupational Health
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.