Adecco are currently recruiting Production Operators for our well established client based in Newport.
Positions are long term ongoing to start ASAP
Shift Pattern - Applicants need to be flexible. 6am to 2pm/8am to 4pm / rotating. Applicants may be required to change to a 3 shift pattern in the future which would include days, afternoon and nights.
Job duties: The Production Operator is expected to operate machinery and undertake general manual handling, to cut and bend steel bars, for use in the construction industry to form reinforced concrete.
- Ability to work on complex equipment to include hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Liaise closely with the Production and Engineering teams on both planned and reactive maintenance to ensure maximum up time.
- Work towards Total Quality Management and Continuous Improvement.
- Encourage high standards of housekeeping through effective workstation management and personal example.
Manual Handling and Moving Objects - physically strenuous and demanding to include lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects. Some heavy lifting of weights up to 25kg.
Gathering Information -- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources to manufacture the required stock items to company Standard.
Inspecting equipment or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects. Clean as scheduled and/or required
Communication - providing information to supervisors and co-workers. The Production Operator must be able to deal effectively with colleagues in a courteous and respectful manner.
Environmental Conditions - Working mostly inside (outside on occasions).
Health & Safety - Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures. Undertake equipment checks prior/during/after operation to ensure safe working.
Skill / attributes
Experience of Production work, operating production machinery within the manufacturing ro Engineering industry.
Pay Rate: £8.72 per hour, following a training period weeky bonus and quarterley scrap bonus will be paid.
For an immediate interview please email a cv to Adecco
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Production Operator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.