Emergency Accommodation Homeless Project Manager
Based in the borough of Sutton in South London and reporting into the project director, this post is for 30 hours per week and may also involve some evening and weekend work. Your role will provide support to the homeless guests whoever they are, wherever they are from and whatever their beliefs and always showing the utmost respect.
My client is managing a ten roomed property for emergency accommodation for homeless people from January until April 2021. Key elements of this role include:
* Setting up and ensuring the smooth running of this emergency accommodation initiative in Sutton using a model similar to the Winter Night Shelter Model but with the added benefit of mitigating COVID-19 risks through self-contained rooms.
* Building strong relationships with churches, volunteers, key partners such as Local Authorities, referral agencies, benefits advice and Housing Justice.
* Maintaining links with participating churches for the provision of hot meals and other volunteer support.
* Signposting and supporting guests in their interaction with statutory and non-statutory services to ensure that they can access services if requested.
* Offering access to a wide breadth of signposting and informal advice to guests concerning services in Sutton that can help meet their need.
* Providing key performance data and outcomes reporting and acting as the lead for all key stakeholder relationships, including Greater London Authority, MHCLG, local authorities and funders.
* Being the principal referral point for guests to the Project and carry out appropriate risk assessment with the local authority homeless department.
* Line managing a support/project worker and provide support plans for each guest and meet 1:1 on a weekly basis and as required.
* Managing and working to a budget
The ideal candidate for this role will be experienced in dealing with vulnerable people and people affected by homelessness, as well as be experienced in dealing with challenging behaviour and line managing staff. You must also have the ability to deal with difficult situations and work in a non-judgmental way, and possess a current DBS. Strong familiarity with Housing Allocations and Homelessness legislation is also highly desirable.
Only applicants who feel they meet the above criteria, are familiar with the geographical area of Sutton and can start this post in week commencing Monday 25th January 2021 need apply.
Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch + Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.badenochandclark.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy
Apply for Emergency Accommodation Homeless Project Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.