Emergency Accommodation Homeless Support Worker
Based in the borough of Sutton in South London and reporting directly into the Emergency Accommodation Project Manager, this post is for 30 hours per week and may also involve some evening and weekend work.
My client is managing a ten roomed property for emergency accommodation for homeless people from January until April 2021. Key elements of this role include:
* Supporting the Project Manager in delivering the Emergency Accommodation project.
* Offering guests a hospitable, safe, appropriate accommodation and support throughout the project.
* Being involved in providing support to guests in helping them to move on.
* Assisting in ensuring guests' understanding of and adherence to Emergency Accommodation Procedures and Policies.
* Assisting the project manager in completing building checks which may include rounds of the building and ensuring fire exits and external doors are free from obstruction.
* Assisting in managing client referrals and assessments, including move-on and referrals in liaison with the project manager.
* Supporting the manager and volunteers in dealing with difficult behaviour and participate in any decisions to suspend or ban guests.
* Assisting in debriefing volunteers after any difficult incidences and overseeing cleansing regimes.
* Participating in a Post-Emergency Accommodation Review.
* Assisting in preparing resources such as current list of guests, logbook, and project phone for the venue on agreed days.
The ideal candidate for this role will be experienced in dealing with vulnerable people and people affected by homelessness, as well as be experienced in dealing with challenging behaviour. You must also have the ability to deal with difficult situations and work in a non-judgmental way, and possess a current DBS.
Only applicants who feel they meet the above criteria, are familiar with the geographical area of Sutton and can start this post in week commencing Monday 18th January 2021 need apply.
Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch + Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.badenochandclark.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy
Apply for Emergency Accommodation Homeless Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.