Major Incident Manager
Major Incident Manager
An overview of the role
Reporting into the Head of GSMC, the Major Incident Manager is responsible for the end-to-end management of all IT major incidents.
No matter the project or customer, your work will have a meaningful impact on society, businesses and lives. It's really rewarding. And it's also really varied. You'll potentially work on a huge variety of projects (some larger than others), so you could gain lots of exposure in a short amount of time.
Why this role?
Your role and responsibilities will be extremely varied and include (amongst others):
- Leveraging technology to issue all communications and providing key stakeholder management
- Leading, driving, and chairing all investigation activities, meetings, and conference calls
- Forming collaborative action plans via the technical lead with specific actions, roles and deadlines, and ensuring these are completed safely and within SLA
- Matrix management of people, processes and resources including third parties - including resolving conflict to move forward to resolution
- Being accountable for resolving the outage via workaround or permanent fix
- Performing timely functional and hierarchical escalation
- Ensuring all administration and reports are maintained and up-to-date, including contacts information, technical diagrams, post major incident reviews
- Supporting and nurturing process improvements and knowledge base improvements
- Continually maintaining and developing tools and resources to manage major incidents effectively
- Providing periodic major incident metrics reports
In this role you will be responsible for the overall management, ownership and leadership of Major Incidents. You will be required to provide clear direction to resolution with timely communications throughout therefore the below attributes will be essential:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong customer centricity with an ability to communicate with client contacts at all levels
- ITIL V3/V4 Foundation
- Previous operational Major Incident Management experience.
- The ability to lead teams and drive activities within tight timeframes
- Good team working capability
- Methodical approach with good attention to detail
- Analytical Problem Solving
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales
- Must be SC cleared or eligible
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance
their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.