Software Test QA Engineer
Software Test Automation Engineer
Hampshire or Surrey or Manchester
Salary up to £60k
A world leader in SATCOM technology, is expanding its presence in the UK and is recruiting for a number of positions across its UK sites, in Hampshire, Surrey or Manchester.
The Software Engineering team, within the company's Space & Satellite design centre wants someone to join them as a Software Test Design/QA Engineer to help them to develop their next generation of satellite modems targeted at applications both in the satellite payload and in ground systems including cloud-based hubs and gateways. This is a great opportunity to join the dynamic team developing the software solutions that are driving a revolution in the satellite communications industry.
- Developing test and verification strategies, covering:
- Performance Testing
- Resilience Testing
- Functional testing
- Exploratory testing
- Destructive testing (where applicable).
- Specifying Test Plans and Scenarios from requirements and liaison with stakeholders
- Working with and defining Quality Assurance best practices
- Analysing trends and reporting of test campaigns for stakeholder consumption
- Design and implementation of test automation
Skills and Experience we look for in you:
- Python, Java etc. (Willing to learn Python).
- Linux Operating System, RTOS
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Testing/QA Best practices, standards etc.
- Issue Management tools similar to Jira or Redmine
- Test automation, off the shelf (e.g. Behave, Cucumber, Selenium etc.) or In-House
- Embedded system and device testing
- Web application testing
- Configuration Management
This role can be based in Hampshire or Surrey, with some home working also available. In both cases it has great links to London. Some international travel may be required to visit customers, suppliers or other sites in the UK, Europe, and America (although not currently).
Interested? Apply here today by emailing frank . white @ modis . co . ukModis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers. By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: http://www.modis.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy