Excellent opportunity to develop your career
£18,500 - £20,000pa
9am - 5.30 Monday - Thursday / 9am - 5pm Friday
This award winning manufacturing business is seeking a capable individual to work closely with the Senior Buyer and Purchasing Director to assist customers with the development and (global) sourcing of new products, whilst also dealing with the sourcing and purchasing of a number of key items to ensure the smooth operation of their own factory.
You will be working with with the sales team and helping them in developing new opportunities, and also to work closely with the purchasing team to ensure both the client's, and the company's own production needs are met.
The role requires a self-motivated, organised and focused individual with good attention to detail who can work on their own initiative whilst also being able to form part of a small but growing team.
You will also have the opportunity to participate in weekly departmental meetings, with updates of all activities from the preceding week and planned focus for the week and month ahead.
Preferably you will have some customer service experience in a retail, manufacturing, wholesale or distribution environment or some purchasing experience although this is not essential as full training will be given.
Qualifications: All candidates should have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook as a minimum), have a good level of communication both verbally and in writing, have good numeracy skills, with any Sage knowledge being advantageous.
This varied role will allow you to take on the following tasks:
- To collect and organise UK and International post coming into and going out of the department.
- Fielding telephone calls from other parts of the group, suppliers and also some customers.
- Processing enquiries, providing quotations and booking orders that come into the department from the Sales Team and direct from some customers.
- Checking and signing off supplier invoices, liaising with the Accounts team regarding any invoicing queries.
- The setting up of new product codes, customers, suppliers and products.
- Booking new orders onto the company's systems and then managing stock, including liaising with their warehouses and supplier base to ensure deliveries reach them and customers on time.
- Handling new enquiries from the sales team and working with the purchasing team to ensure quotes are provided in a timely fashion.
- Raising purchase orders for approval, forwarding these to suppliers and then following these through with suppliers until goods are receipted with the company or its customer base.
- Managing and maintaining the critical path of projects to ensure timely delivery of orders.
- Cost comparison and sourcing of products / suppliers nationwide and internationally.
- Liaising directly with factories, suppliers and communicating with shipping agents.
- Working with the senior buyer to negotiate cost prices with suppliers to achieve required margins.
- Working alongside the marketing team to ensure products are featured on the website and promoted effectively.
- Samples and sample room management.
If you have what it takes and want to work for an excellent employer with a longstanding team, please get apply online today.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.office-angels.com/candidate-privacy